• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • reelbump

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2023
    Dallas
    Like others have said Wifi will never hit full speed capabilities but if you haven’t, make sure you’re connecting to the 5Ghz wifi signal and not the 2Ghz as that band is the slower option of the 2.

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    I know this thread is old but I wanted to comment. I previously stated I was using the mesh system and happy with it until. The Orbi system I had was past it's prime actually had ended it's life, no more support. I recently got fiber installed and the tech hooked it up to the mesh. It was working till it stopped, disconnected it and thought why not just use the new router/modem that came with fiber. My Internet speeds where way better than mesh speeds. I'm extremely happy.
    Screenshot_20240329_064614_Speedtest.jpg

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    I have an Orbi AC3000 - one router and one satellite that's 6 years old. 1 gig fiber and I'm pulling around 700mbps up/down from my office. Granted this model is no longer sold/supported but unless I upgrade to one of the faster fiber plans, then a newer mesh system to support higher speeds would be needed. What Orbi model did you have?

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    My ATT speed is much slower than that I had with Optimum however it doesn't constantly drop and require logging in when I try to watch TV.

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    I have an Orbi AC3000 - one router and one satellite that's 6 years old. 1 gig fiber and I'm pulling around 700mbps up/down from my office. Granted this model is no longer sold/supported but unless I upgrade to one of the faster fiber plans, then a newer mesh system to support higher speeds would be needed. What Orbi model did you have?
    RBR10 with the two satellites, it was good when I was on DSL, mainly used it to get the signal to the Ring camera in the driveway. The new fiber modem reaches across the street with 2.4ghz

Top Bottom