• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Went to the range this past Monday. The day was just too nice for an indoor range. Flame me if you must. I went to Carters Country North.
    Had an enjoyable afternoon. The place was not very busy so lots of lanes to choose from. The target holders have recently been rebuilt. All of the lanes were in good repair and recently swept of brass. The RSO was friendly and we chatted about how many of the 380 EZ's he said he is seeing. Plenty of spotting scopes and rests. All in all it was a good session.
    Their by the gun and shooter prices still sucked 2 shooters 2 guns 1 lane $28 and change. SGA charges less and does not count my guns or put that damn tape on the trigger guard. Now CC even puts a wrist band on people.
    And I didn't see any decent deals on ammo, but they have all you could want.
    I will probably go back but not often at those prices. Mostly what I want in a range is good service at the counter and to be left alone. It was nice not feeling spied on. Although I did notice quite a bit of video equipment everywhere but I guess that's to be expected
    ARJ Defense ad

bigwheel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2018
    Fort Worth
    As John Wayne likely cautioned Gabby Hays several times when the Injuns are circling the wagons it aint no time for target shooting. Why do most of this crowd want to waste precious ammo?

hoghunting

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2014
    As John Wayne likely cautioned Gabby Hays several times when the Injuns are circling the wagons it aint no time for target shooting. Why do most of this crowd want to waste precious ammo?

Because most of us enjoy shooting. I shot more often when I was competing compared to how I shoot now, but proficiency fades without practice.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW

Because I like to practice to keep my skills up and if possibly, get better. Are you seriously questioning the point of trying to become a better shooter?

bigwheel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2018
    Fort Worth
    I hear ya. Thanks. I used to enjoy it too. Now that I am old and senile it’s a pain in the coola to go shoot once a year to keep my toting card up to date. It sorta embarrassing to the eager young bucks who I qualify with cause I nearly always out all of em. lol

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    When I got my LTC, I hadn't been shooting in eight years, so this is what the target looked like (used a Kel-Tec P11):

4gooRY2.jpg

Bit of practice, and now I'm back to my previous skillset:

DF5xqFp.png

nuK8CPA.jpg

sHccTUT.jpg

Attachments

• 4gooRY2.jpg
      4gooRY2.jpg
      37.9 KB · Views: 461
    • DF5xqFp.png
      DF5xqFp.png
      167.8 KB · Views: 462
    • nuK8CPA.jpg
      nuK8CPA.jpg
      651.9 KB · Views: 472
    • sHccTUT.jpg
      sHccTUT.jpg
      1.5 MB · Views: 464

bigwheel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2018
    Fort Worth
    Back before we could afford guns when I was a kid. The hardest whipping my Daddy ever dispensed was when he sent me out to go hunting with two smooth rocks and I only managed to come home with one squirrel for supper.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    Back before we could afford guns when I was a kid. The hardest whipping my Daddy ever dispensed was when he sent me out to go hunting with two smooth rocks and I only managed to come home with one squirrel for supper.

What you need is a rock and some pepper. You sprinkle the pepper on the rock, wait for a rabbit to hop by, get curious, sniff the pepper, sneeze and knock himself out on the rock.

Pops1955

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    "Back before we could afford guns when I was a kid. The hardest whipping my Daddy ever dispensed was when he sent me out to go hunting with two smooth rocks and I only managed to come home with one squirrel for supper."

Friday Joke thread is over yonder...…….

bigwheel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2018
    Fort Worth
    I keep detecting an aroma of hate around this place. Not good for haters to pack guns. Hope the NRA don’t hear about this.

bigwheel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2018
    Fort Worth
    Well how long is a rope? Meaning what size rock are we looking at? How much recoil can a city boy handle? Is you in or out of the city limits? We just need the facts Sir. Thanks

Top Bottom