• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • runningiron

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    G'day, mate, runningiron, aka Rod, checking in. Not really Aussie, just think the greeting sounds cool.

I've been in Galveston for about six months, now. Moved here from Arlington. Gunnut1 (Gary) put me on to the board. Like him and a lot of the others who've joined, I'm a FALoholic. I own four (or six, I loose count) right now, all of which I built myself. I've probably owned another dozen or so over the years - but I can quit anytime I want to. Really, I can. I'm not a fanatic, though, I own a little bit of everything. You wouldn't call me a collector, because I don't specialize in any one area. I'm more of an accumulator, if you know what I mean.

It's good to be here. Looks like it will be a good site.
    Venture Surplus ad

DjKeebz

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    New guy from Austin checking in! Heard about the site from another forum and going to give it a shot!

IZinterrogator

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Fort Hood/Killeen, TX
    Hey everyone, I'm IZinterrogator from up at Fort Hood. Been here for nine years, but since all of my shooting buddies are getting transferred away, figured I would find some new ones until I get transferred away. Also always looking for a good range in the area and to find people selling Colts! :D

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    New guy from Austin checking in! Heard about the site from another forum and going to give it a shot!

Unfortunately your user name is a bit distasteful, I've set it to "Pending" for the time being. Please let me know a better title so that I can implement it.

Formula-95

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    Hey everyone, I'm IZinterrogator from up at Fort Hood. Been here for nine years, but since all of my shooting buddies are getting transferred away, figured I would find some new ones until I get transferred away. Also always looking for a good range in the area and to find people selling Colts! :D
    whats up man, im in Cove

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    Welcome to the site guys. Please participate in the ongoing forums and make some new threads. We need all of your friends on board as well...

Thanks for joining up.

Kaptain Kolache

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Dallas, Texas
    This is me

I found about this place on Lightfighter. Interacting with more Texans is a goodly thing.

My name is Brian, 27, Dallas, Texas. I spend alot of time in West, Texas, hence my screen name. Kneel before the kolache!

I'm in the logistics profession, which sucks, and I'm looking to get in with DCSO or a railroad.

Obviously I enjoy shooting. I can do it too much. Used to be a SIG Sauer junkie, but now its M&Ps. I have a bunch of AKs, and I'm proud to say that none of them cost over $500(take that Arsenal snobs!)

Love to photograph trains. I'm fairly goodly at it. If its a sunny day, you'll find me trackside! Maybe its not just trains that I like, but the whole railroading thing. I love the historical aspects.

ReVrEnD_0341

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Welcome aboard Kpt Kolache. Glad you made it over from LF.

If you are looking for some nice railway shots, I suggest College Station during the late spring-early summer. A buddy of mine has some wicked cool shots from out that way.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Nice to have you here Kaptain Kolache. I am a Sig junkie. ;) I also like AK's as well and have a Century Arms wasr. I myself never understood paying high prices (Arsenal) for an AK, I mean they are AK's afterall! ;) If I'm gonna spend anywhere around $1k, I'm going to buy an AR or something else a bit nicer. :)

maca

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    I'm Newly Subscribed but thought my 2 cents might be worth something:

The one thing that has always caused me concern is how the shooting community gets so fractured by the treatment of our 'chosen sport' into web-sites that focus solely on one discipline & we lose sight of the total picture before us.

Once our love of shooting gets fractured into subsets of the hobby/sport, we lose our ability to join together to fight a common cause without visiting numerous web-sites to keep up on pertinent topics common to all of us.

-maca

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I'm Newly Subscribed but thought my 2 cents might be worth something:

The one thing that has always caused me concern is how the shooting community gets so fractured by the treatment of our 'chosen sport' into web-sites that focus solely on one discipline & we lose sight of the total picture before us.

Once our love of shooting gets fractured into subsets of the hobby/sport, we lose our ability to join together to fight a common cause without visiting numerous web-sites to keep up on pertinent topics common to all of us.

-maca

Welcome! Glad to have you here. I completely agree with you and can assure you that sort of thing isn't going to happen here. Both admins (myself and Texas1911, he's the site owner) are very open-minded and want to keep the website open to anything gun related so that it will serve as sort of a "central" place Texans can chat, setup events, discuss local issues, etc. We certainly don't want to exclude anyone or make anyone feel left out. Since we are still a new site and still expanding, it will be awhile until we see this goal to fruition, however we fully plan to expand the forums with separate sections for various topics like IPSC, IDPA, cowboy shoots (can't remember any names off hand), etc. While all of us may not be into all of these topics, we certainly want people to feel free to discuss them if they would like. As always, under the Announcements & Comments section, please feel free to make any suggestions if you see ways you feel we could improve the site or content you would like to see added. We are always glad to hear suggestions from anyone. :)

chevydeerhunter

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2008
    San Antonio
    Welcome! Glad to have you here. I completely agree with you and can assure you that sort of thing isn't going to happen here. Both admins (myself and Texas1911, he's the site owner) are very open-minded and want to keep the website open to anything gun related so that it will serve as sort of a "central" place Texans can chat, setup events, discuss local issues, etc. We certainly don't want to exclude anyone or make anyone feel left out. Since we are still a new site and still expanding, it will be awhile until we see this goal to fruition, however we fully plan to expand the forums with separate sections for various topics like IPSC, IDPA, cowboy shoots (can't remember any names off hand), etc. While all of us may not be into all of these topics, we certainly want people to feel free to discuss them if they would like. As always, under the Announcements & Comments section, please feel free to make any suggestions if you see ways you feel we could improve the site or content you would like to see added. We are always glad to hear suggestions from anyone. :)

Amen!
    Having an open mind leads to an open and inviting forum. It also helps people open up and share their passion about their hobbies. This is a great way help to expand horizons and try new types of shooting sports. This promises to be an exceptional forum. Welcome all!

scobech

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    Howdy!

Hi all, Dave from Katy here. Found out about this forum on the Lightfighter.net forum. Been shooting for thirty years on and off, mostly target these days but did some IPDA and three gun in the past. I've got a couple of MBR's (Garand and an HK-91) and some pistols, notably a new Para Ordnance that I got in anticipation of getting my CHL next month.

Site looks great so far, I'm looking forward to sharing good information on local retailers, gunsmiths and matches.

Regards to all!

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom