• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Let us know who you are, where you are from, why you joined, and how you found out about the forum.

- Alan (Austin, TX)

phatcyclist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I'm Nolan from Austin, TX. I heard about this site from the gentleman posting above me. I dabble in a few different areas of shooting, including my hand-loading setup for my rifle and soon pistol rounds. I have a soft spot for military surplus weapons and own a few.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I'm Travis, a friend of Alan's. Good to see you Nolan. I am mainly obsessed with handguns, though I love pretty much everything EXCEPT revolvers (well big bore revolvers are cool because large calibers are cool!). I'm in Austin, and the reason I joined is I have never seen any other Texas-based gun forum around so I think it is an excellent idea for local Texas people to organize events and discuss more local issues.

ReVrEnD_0341

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I am Chuck. Oddly enough in Austin, TX like everyone else. Alan locked me on, so here I am. I need the stimulous. I have dabbled in all facets of shooting, but specialize in combat shooting. Gotta love a military background.

cold_zero

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Just joined... from Alan's invitation.

Bud from Indianapolis, Indiana. Never miss a chance to talk about weapons.

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    Cibolo Texas here... Interested in collecting, talking firearms, and learning more about 'em.

Invited by Alan to join up. Good knowledgeable firearms guy... Proud to claim him as my son.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2008
    Just joined from Allen's invitation. I'm Steve from SA. I just started collecting a couple years ago, so don't have a huge collection, but definitely working on expanding it. I prefer military weapons and have a thing for anything HK.

carneyman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2008
    Tyler
    Zembonez brought me over (whether he likes it or not). First gun forum I've been on. I'm over in Nacogdoches trying to finish school, which means I'm broke and still trying to amass a gun collection.

JoeyZ

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2008
    Joey, from Austin, kinda.( My address is Austin, But I'm technically just outside the city limits, in the boonies.) Alan invited me and I know him from playing with Nissans and old Datsuns. I'm a fairly new gun owner. I purchased my first gun, A stainless steel S&W model 65, .357 revolver from McBrides 2 years ago. Unfortunately I no longer have that gun, and because of my current legal status, I cannot purchase a firearm for another year. However I recieved a Kel-Tec P-3AT recently. Nice little gun and when things clear up It'll be my CCW. I'll be getting another .357 then too.

chevydeerhunter

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2008
    San Antonio
    I'm Ray from Lubbock. I just renewed my CHL today so I'm in a gunny mood! I came over from gm-trucks.com where Jim posted a link to this forum. Glad to get in on the ground floor!

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I'm Ray from Lubbock. I just renewed my CHL today so I'm in a gunny mood! I came over from gm-trucks.com where Jim posted a link to this forum. Glad to get in on the ground floor!

Hey Ray, glad to have you! Always room for more 1911 owners ;)

Don't know if you noticed my announcement on GM-Trucks, but I am moving server files on Monday to our upgraded server, and we might have some downtime for a few days.

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    I really believe that this site is gonna rock. Alan is very dedicated to making it happen (along with some input from his circle of socially unacceptable friends). :D

carneyman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2008
    Tyler
    I really believe that this site is gonna rock. Alan is very dedicated to making it happen (along with some input from his circle of socially unacceptable friends). :D

Absolutely nothing wrong with socially unacceptable friends. All that means is that if/when china decides to invade, we will still have more guns then they do.:cool:

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Thank you all for signing up! I too have some great feelings about this website. As big as Texas is, and as much as Texans like guns and own guns, I'm surprised no one has come along and made a gun specific website for the Texas area yet. It's certainly a great way for us Texans to organize local events. All that being said, if any of you should have any ideas on how to improve the website, or content you would like to see please let Alan or I know. As Alan mentioned, as the website progresses we will definitely expand on many of the forum sections as well as probably creating a few new ones. Thanks for bearing with us. :D

chevydeerhunter

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2008
    San Antonio
    We all need to take our 2nd amendment right more serious than ever. I think Texas will be a huge asset to organizations that want to preserve our right to bear arms. This starts with people needing to get their CHLs. Without getting too political, I just renewed mine and was told that a certain presidential hopeful has promised $3 hundred million to the United Nations. Now if your head has been in the sand for the last few years, the UN has been wanting to universally ban the private ownership of all small arms. If they want mine, I'll give it to them...one round at a time!

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    Carney... is that a groundhog with a rocket launcher? Looks like I need some work in the avatar department.

Not to get too political myself, I agree with Chevy. If we snooze, we stand to lose our rights in this country through ever increasing liberal leadership.

Oh, and Trav.... er uh... HK. We will do whatever is needed to help you and Alan out here. I'm sure there will be a swell of membership once you get the site situated. I have a few on hold.

I know this is the intro spot. Sorry for the hijack.

Top Bottom