• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    Does anyone inventory what ammo they have on hand including reloaded rounds?? Ive gotten in the habit of accounting for every round I make, plus when I buy ammo I inventory that as well. Then once I make 1,000 rounds it goes into a military can with anti rust chips.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    With the theft and loss threads recently, it's probably not a bad idea. Even if it's just for a insurance inventory. Some friends in Olkahoma were one of the families that lost their home last year in the wild fires and they lost everything.

It took over 3 months just to inventory items and per the insurance company (and regulation now) They had to itemize EVERY little thing they wanted on the claim from dish towels to underwear to electronics. They paid fine and without question, but not until they had a detailed inventory.

That said, I have a detailed inventory of a lot of things, but ammo is inventoried in my head. Not a safe place for it.

Tired Retired

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    DFW Area
    Yes, I do keep a full inventory of my factory ammo and my reloads. Its just a simple spread sheet I put together. Ok, so its cool to see all the numbers, but I keep it by caliber, bullet weight and type, factory vs reloads and powder charge. The real reason I started it was to keep up with what I needed to buy next or reload next. For example, if I had a large amount of 158gr LSWC .38 spl reloaded, I can tell that I would want to put my bullet money into buying 115gr FMJ to keep an ample stock of 9mm for the range. It also allows me to make of list by priority of SD ammo I may want to buy - so I know to shop of XTP's if they go on sell as an example. Its easy to keep up since the numbers only change when I make a purchase or reload a batch (addition). The only way the numbers go down is if I go to the range (subtraction of what I shot). Now I just need to make sure that the fire marshal doesn't hack into my computer and condemn the house!!!!

Hamour

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    I use reciept pads and record container # Location and content. The original goes in the container and the carbon pad in my gun safe. As I use ammo I mark it off. Keeps a running inventory.

Next is to record all the reloading components and tools!

I am looking at some of the ready made lists and reciepts in the new office 2007 xcell. These are in the "NEW" section of the program and offer a lot of pre-made forms. Something to consider any way.

okie556

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Longview, TX
    Yes, I do keep a full inventory of my factory ammo and my reloads. Its just a simple spread sheet I put together. Ok, so its cool to see all the numbers, but I keep it by caliber, bullet weight and type, factory vs reloads and powder charge. The real reason I started it was to keep up with what I needed to buy next or reload next. For example, if I had a large amount of 158gr LSWC .38 spl reloaded, I can tell that I would want to put my bullet money into buying 115gr FMJ to keep an ample stock of 9mm for the range. It also allows me to make of list by priority of SD ammo I may want to buy - so I know to shop of XTP's if they go on sell as an example. Its easy to keep up since the numbers only change when I make a purchase or reload a batch (addition). The only way the numbers go down is if I go to the range (subtraction of what I shot). Now I just need to make sure that the fire marshal doesn't hack into my computer and condemn the house!!!!

Wow! All I do is buy the stuff.........shoot some and save the rest for my stockpile. Buy.....shoot.....buy more.

Okie556

Tired Retired

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    DFW Area
    Wow! All I do is buy the stuff.........shoot some and save the rest for my stockpile. Buy.....shoot.....buy more.

Okie556

I used to just buy bullets/components, then reload and shoot... But with a growing number of different calibers and the differences in loads (different powders, bullet types/weight and powder weights) it actually makes sense to at least list everything. I think the recent recalls/notices on Blue Dot and a couple of manufacturer's mix-ups with wrong powders in mislabeled cans, it doesn't hurt to know what is in the ammo cans. Gun stores inventory what they have on the shelf, too.

mgdan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2008
    Okla and Bangkok Thailand
    Count every round and case

I keep a reloading log book. In addition to load details bullet, poweder, chrono, OAL etc, I record the number of rounds I roll. My book goes back to 1976.
    I also record ammo by the case and when stored in Ammo cans, I note the number of rounds in the can

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom