• robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    It always seems like Apple fixes those kind of glitches pretty quickly. Hope they fix it for you.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    I am running several versions back (12 I think). Every "upgrade" seems to hurt battery life and change things I don't care to have changed. So I simply don't update.

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    APPL is known to degrade performance of older products with "updates." I have not bought a product from that scam of a company since 1997 when they told me if I upgraded my own ram it would void the warranty and they would not send me the proprietary tool to unscrew one of the screws keeping the chasis together. Basically you had to ship it to them to get it apart. Screw them.

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    GM told me I'd void the warranty by putting forged pistons and forged rods in my motor, and wouldn't send me the proprietary tools to R&R the balancer, or properly align the oil pan.

I did it anyway.

The main problem was they had a proprietary screw type and this was pre google/amazon. I couldn't find it anywhere at any hardware store and so I was going to have to break the chassis to get the system open. **** them.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    I'm curious what product you're referring to. In 1997 Apple computers were built using more or less off the shelf stuff. ATX power supplies, commodity chassis, PCI/AGP slots, etc. No special tools outside of a phillips screwdriver were needed.

The first proprietary screws I remember Apple using were the pentalobes, over a decade later. Before the tools came out I just filed a flat blade to snugly fit and removed 'em that way.

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    I'm curious what product you're referring to. In 1997 Apple computers were built using more or less off the shelf stuff. ATX power supplies, commodity chassis, PCI/AGP slots, etc. No special tools outside of a phillips screwdriver were needed.

The first proprietary screws I remember Apple using were the pentalobes, over a decade later. Before the tools came out I just filed a flat blade to snugly fit and removed 'em that way.

PowerMac G3 or G2 been a while but it definitely had a proprietary star screw on it.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    There was no G2. I had a G4, no tools were needed. The case opened by flipping up the ring on the side and dropping the side. The screws were standard torx, and there was a torx key in a slot right next to the motherboard.

Last edited:

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    14.01 stinks on phones as well as iPads. Ringer and alarm volumes are randomly turned to zero.

I’m resorting to having to use my wristwatch alarm as backup.

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    There was no G2. I had a G4, no tools were needed. The case opened by flipping up the ring on the side and dropping the side. The screws were standard torx, and there was a torx key in a slot right next to the motherboard.

Not sure then Brains we could dig up an original PowerMac and a G3 and see which one has it.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom