• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • unicom

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2016
    As the title says which one would you pick. I can't decide on which one. I've owned an old iPhone. We are talking the iPhone 2 and I have a note 4 that needs to be replaced

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    ARJ Defense ad

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Age old question. Both solid devices. There's really only two glaring points to pull one way or the other IMHO (along with a lot of more subtle ones):

Do you need or just really like Apple's integrated messaging, ease of sharing photos and videos via text, etc.? If yes, get iPhone.

Do you like tinkering with everything? Do you not care about downloading a bunch of crap only to find it really sucks or is full of Chinese spyware - or know how to avoid the Chinese crapware? Get the Note.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    iPhone 8+
    Forget it ... Apple IOS increasingly being ruined by clueless, millennial, snap chat generation retard "engineers", too young to remember Job's KISS principle.

Facetime used to take one touch to switch from front to back camera ... with IOS 12.1 now takes two swipes and two touches ... total BS.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    Why upgrade ?

My note4 is still running strong and does everything I want it to do. And you can replace it for 160 bucks on ebay.

sucker76

Don't let the username fool you
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 15, 2015
    Lake Jackson
    If you have a iPhone stick with that. If you have an Android stick with that. These days we are so connected through our phones that it is hard to switch platforms.
    BTW Android Note8 or 9 for the win.

unicom

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2016
    I went with the iPhone xs max. I like it. My note 4 was on its last leg. A small learning curve for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Neither? I refuse to pay more than $500 for a smart phone. I had a IPhone 6 for 3 years and Apple pissed me off once they changed OS that started draining the old batteries and only attempted to fix it when caught. Spoke to a couple Android folks and went with the Pixel (Pixel2 already out) I got it from newegg for $400. A bit of a learning curve but I like it well enough. Maybe I will go Pixel 2 next year or maybe a Motorola. Buddies told me the Samsungs have a lot of bloatware. I like the idea of unlimited photo storage. Apple began charging me .99 a month.

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Keep up! The Pixel 3 was just introduced a couple of weeks ago.
    I don't need the quickest chip to check emails, taptalk, FB, and run Waze. Why spend a grand and sometimes be a Beta tester. Great the 3 is out, maybe I will get the 2 next year. My Pixel is a year old and works just fine.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    I don't need the quickest chip to check emails, taptalk, FB, and run Waze. Why spend a grand and sometimes be a Beta tester. Great the 3 is out, maybe I will get the 2 next year. My Pixel is a year old and works just fine.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Pretty much how I feel about it. I just bought a pair of Nokia 6.1's for $189 each.

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    One thing about the Google phones is you actually get updates from Google instead of the phone companies. Relying on the phone companies to keep you up to date is folly. I am waiting for the price of the Pixel2's to come down before I buy again.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    We gave the Galaxy S9+ a try when they first came out. Really nice phones, but with no good equivalent to iMessage and the Mac Messages app, we ended up with iPhones again.

Top Bottom