• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BBL

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2021
    TX
    Within just a few short years, the older flip phones, will be obsolete, as they stop supporting them on the networks. Enjoy them while you can, because pretty soon, they are going to totally useless for anything.
    A) You might have missed where I mentioned that I carry mine just to screw with people. :)
    B) Have you not seen the new fad where flip phones are coming back and manufacturers use them to milk sheeple out of $1500? :D
    DK Firearms

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    A) You might have missed where I mentioned that I carry mine just to screw with people. :)
    B) Have you not seen the new fad where flip phones are coming back and manufacturers use them to milk sheeple out of $1500? :D

Not for me to judge why you carry yours or the reasons why, and frankly none of my business either. My comment wasn't directed at you specifically, it was merely a comment about flip phones in general.

I'm pretty sure there are plenty of idiots that will pay out the nose for something. Again, none of my business and certainly not my concern either.

Actually, I kind of find it rather ironically amusing, that some are concerned over the privacy of their phones, and yet here we are discussing privacy on pretty much an open forum, as if that was private. All that information floating around out there in the ether for anyone from the government to hackers to absorb and use to their heart's content.

TX oddball

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    DFW
    I've never owned a so-called smart phone.

They're not a required item in my world.
    Having been on the smartphone merry-go-round for a dozen years since the first gen iPhone, I finally dumped the technology a couple of years ago and went back to the flip-style phone (Sonim brick phone), just telephone and texting capability only. It's great, I'll never go back to a smartphone again. I never signed up for the standard social media sites. I check email twice a day for business reasons. I don't need to be a slave to the internet every waking hour in my life, nor do I want to.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    About three years ago, I bought my first smart phone because my old flip phone died. I bought the cheapest phone available at Dollar General for $19, and it just happened to be a TCL smart phone. I get unlimited talk and text, and 1gb of data for $20 a month, and my data rolls over every month that I haven't used.

It's the first smart phone I have ever owned. It has internet capability and it's Android based as well. I deleted a lot of apps that were in the phone when I got it, and have only added a very few specific apps that I do actually use. I like the map app for when we are out of town and I need to find an address or a street. I like having the weather app, because it's handy for checking the weather.

It's handy, but in no way am I tethered to it. Most of the time, I'm more likely not to have it than to have it! Sometimes I have a hard time remembering where I left it.

A smart phone is only as smart as the person that uses it. Hand your smart phone to a monkey. Guess what? He still won't be able to figure out a math problem!

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Without a smartphone, I’m chained to a desk.

With a smartphone, I can take my desk with me.

That’s one of the top reasons why I’ve always got one on me.

The sad part:
    My company won’t allow me to use my personal phone for business/server/email access, unless I give up my number.

So now I’ve got two stupid phones on me during the week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    Since Apple gave the source code for all their devices to the Chinese government does anyone really believe the Chinese (and all of their proxies) do not already have full access to their phones here?

Top Bottom