• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gabe1519

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2015
    My take on 300 BLK. I reload for it and shoot only supers out of a 16" barrel. My reloads cost 11 to 13 cents per round. That is because I buy the brass in bulk at 3.7 cents and cast my own bullets. It is a fun cartridge to shoot that wont break the bank. It can take down hogs and deer. Its not a long range cartridge by any means but is effective beyond 200 yards for what I'm shooting, maybe more. I have never shot suppressed but hear all the great things about it. I'm happy with the cartridge. The bullet selection is endless from 78 grains up to 230 grains. I've seen guys load 30 carbine bullets with decent results.
    Target Sports

ed308

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    DFW
    They may be looking, but for a very limited role. There's better calibers out there. The .277 Wolverine would be a better choice IMO.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I was out of state when this thread was rotating, so I thought I would weigh in.

I have a CMMG 300 upper that I put on a lower I built. I like it alot. I kind of view it as my short range heavy rifle. I likley won't ever shoot it over 150 yds. But inside that range I think of it as a high capacity 30-30, with less recoil. That fact that it uses regular AR mags is a big plus to me. I load only supers, and don't use a can.

If you had to have only one rifle, then I would not go with it. But if you have a few options there are lots of good uses for the 300.

I load 125 Nosler Ballistic green tips in mine. They are extremely accurate using H110 (3/4" groups), and it uses hardly any powder. They are CHEAP to load. If I was willing to use a less expensive bullet I could load it cheaper. But those 125's are really accurate.

I make my own cases from 223 cases, using a cheap little chop saw from Harbor Freight. My son (on the 300 forming die) and I (on the chop saw) tag team it occasionally and its a nice father / son bonding time.

I am sure the 6.5 is a much better overall hunting round, but for what I use this one for, I like it alot.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Big appeal to me is that a simple barrel change supposedly will allow my ARX100 to fire a 300BLK...if Beretta would ever bring the damned barrel to market, that is.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Recently finished a 300 BLK AR pistol Don't even know if it works yet 'cause I haven't loaded any rounds yet. Soon to happen, I hope, as I'm retiring again next week for the third or fourth time, ................... I loose count. :green:

Top Bottom