• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • D-Day

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    San Antonio
    Looking to get an AK and the ones that are readily available are the WASR 10. I have read some good and bad on them, but I just want to know if its worth the price. I can get one for $450-500, is that too much. I see them on TGT for $700+ but are they really selling? What do you think, get one or spend the money somewhere else? Thanks.
    Lynx Defense

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    How available is ammo would be my first thought. Next would be will the commander in chimp make it harder for imports of ammo.:banghead: Personally I'll stick to a 7.62x51 & 5.56 .

D-Day

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    San Antonio
    Ammo is available now, and it shouldn't be hard to find later in life. The surplus might not be like it is, but there are other manufacturers, right?

frijolero817

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Fort Worth
    I found a thousand rounds of 7.62x39 at palmetto state armory at 269.00, not bad compared to what it was at some other places a couple months ago. It wouldn't be bad to spend 700 bucks and get a WASR 10 with 1K rounds to throw down range, and like D-Day implied, you could always go with Federal, or any other American made ammo for a bit more.

D-Day

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    San Antonio
    you could maybe get a sks for that price. that or save up and buy a black rifle.

I have a Russian SKS already, just wanted to know if $480 is a decent price for a WASR. I love my SKS and know the WASR are a little less QC out of the factory, but I still like the AK 47 platform, and WASR are available and a less expensive than most.

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    Wasr 10

Got one a while back for $550 from an invidual, no paperwork, fired it over 100 rds. Only problems were canted front sight and woodwork that was unfinished looking, two bit bayonet wouldn;t fit.

Got my money back in a jiffy from a buyer in person, sold for the same price I paid. I don't want another one, happy with my Golani...

smschulz

Paid for CUT
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    I have a Russian SKS already, just wanted to know if $480 is a decent price for a WASR. I love my SKS and know the WASR are a little less QC out of the factory, but I still like the AK 47 platform, and WASR are available and a less expensive than most.
    By todays prices it is a pretty good deal. I have seen much worse. I expect this category to drop (along with AR's) in the near future. I am already seeing AR lowers and full rifles piling up and starting to come down some. I would expect that sooner or later the AK's will too. The WASR used to be a $350 ~ $400 rifle so $480 is only 20% up ~ not bad. YMMV

Burt Gummer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Williamson County
    $480 is reasonable for todays panic prices but it is more than the gun is "worth" if you ask me.
    I got one for about $350 and it came with 100 rds of ammo a year ago. That same store is selling them for $650 now.
    I asked the guy if he would take back the WASR I bought there for 600 and he said NO WAY!
    They are willing to sell for that but not wanting to trade even close for it.
    I wanted one of the black rifles on the shelf and I was going to add the extra few hundred to close the gap.

I would wait awhile and catch one when (hopefully) things stabilize.

D-Day

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    San Antonio
    Maybe i'll wait to let the political situation settle down a little bit. It isn't a necessity, just something I have wanted for a while.

D-Day

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    San Antonio
    Went to the Powderhorn in San Antonio today and they had WASR 10 with the slanted muzzle break for $729 without the muzzle break for $699. That seems a little high to me. Don't think I will be shopping there much.

WillieD

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Lewisville, TX
    I would keep an eye out and wait for them to get back below $450. I bought mine from Classic Arms back in October before the craziness started for $350 and that included 2 mags and all of the extra accessories (bayonet, sling, etc).

Top Bottom