Venture Surplus ad

Is America Heading Towards Another Civil War?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    View attachment 175742

1. Does the “US” need to be usable or retain value afterwards? you're thinking outside the box, an important element:) the context of civil war, revolution and civil disobedience, conquer seemed more appropriate than the alternatives. Like destroy:)

2. News/media how?

3. Subjective question. Yes. not subjective. read the referenced citations below. - consensus among public and private sector analysts have little praise for FEMA, stating ".....FEMA is a dyfunctional failure and has mismanaged every disaster response since its inception...links, citations below

4. The public, the court system, law enforcement.
    why, what is the context? (my perspective differs but its irrelevant)
    2. The vast majority of Americans don’t think for themselves, much less think critically. The news/media racket can, and to a certain degree, has an out-sized influence. I submit Idiocracy and Ready Player One as examples of what could be in less than four generations. The counter to this argument is the underlying business model can be kept in check by advertisers.

3. It was not FEMA’s responsibility to evacuate the bathtub of New Orleans prior to a Cat 5 Hurricane. The local government utterly failed in this manner. FEMA was, and is, primarily a coordinator and paying agent for federal disaster programs.

4. An uninformed, apathetic, or disengaged public leads politicians being elected because of populist sound bites, resulting in federal judges being appointed by the winner of a popularity contest. As for LEOs, we already see the disengagement of LEOs due to public perception, political pressure, and demand exceeding supply. At some point, the basic safety net of local LE becomes non-existent and pseudo-anarchy rules. In some areas, that has already occurred.

In the end, all matters are inherently local, and locals will determine what is/isn’t acceptable. If it’s on TV, but doesn’t correlate to the conditions “in my backyard”, then most people simply choose not to believe it.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Fewer in number, sure. But I believe that 99.9999% of the leftists today don't have the gumption to do anything.

Less crazed in the 60's? Ummm, not sure I can go with that.

And I don't believe today's millennials have the dedication/determination with regard to violent action that the 60's leftist terrorists had. I really have no fear of a millennial uprising.
    Not sure if it makes a difference, but millennials only make up about 1/3 of staunch leftists.

Dad_Roman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2018
    Teague
    1. If you're goal was to conquer the US, how would you accomplish that goal?

2. When Katrina hit Nawlins, what was the most significant threat to public safety?

3. Did the response and actions of FEMA meet expectations? Has FEMA met expectations and needs adequately at any point in history?

4. What are our nations top 3 vulnerabilities?
    ===========================================

Turn out the light''s, what will happen?
    THATS the key! <the answer is "nothing"...literally>

Its also the answer to 1, 2 and 4(a)(b)(c).....and who gives a rat about 3..:green:

Last edited:

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Couple random thoughts.

Remember the guys probing the power grid with rifles? That got quiet quickly didn't it.

In AZ one summer we had a fire at an electric sub station that destroyed a transformer. Something you might expect to happen in the place kinda reverse snowbirds types who live in actual hell might like to summer so they can cool off. A cool 120 to 130 in places, and at time with weeks where the temp never even drops below 100 at night because of the heat islands or unlucky geography. That's why I love the cool north texas summers. But I digress.

You would think they plan for things like this and have spares around. Nope. No spares within thousands of miles. IIRC were talking overseas sourcing of 1 available anywhere and months to actually make one. Then a couple weeks of special transportation proceedures to transport the thing once it got to the US because of its size. We have a nuke plant 60 miles away pumping out all the power needed not to mention a dozen other ways to generate huge amounts of power within a couple hundred miles and you have rolling black outs and brown outs cause you cant get the power where it needs to go.

Guillotines might come in handy one day. As purely a dramatically artistic representation of our displeasure with our employees who failed to manage our infrastructure. No actual violence intended. Well except making them bring me some ice tea.
    Oh shit. Not the brown outs again.....

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    That's okay, few of any of the 3/3 own guns...
    That's why I said that I doubt a civil war would start until the left takes over the government. But you also have to remember that many of them believe that those on the right are nazi's and that gives them the reasoning to use violence.

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Spares? Those big transformers are REALLY expensive. And very long lead times. Some utilities cooperate on "shared" spares, but I don't believe there are that many around.
    Correct. No spares when it comes to a sub xfmr. LONG lead times. Yes, there are mobile subs on hand that can pick up load pretty quick. But, taking out one sub xfmr isn't enough. You'd have to study what subs "pick up" the lost load and hit them in sequence. It would be a well planned attack in sequence across the grid. Of course, assuming that the "government" would be in the dark as well, imho would be a mistake. Due to Andrea Rossi.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    That's why I said that I doubt a civil war would start until the left takes over the government. But you also have to remember that many of them believe that those on the right are nazi's and that gives them the reasoning to use violence.
    Think we are pretty much in agreement.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014

easy rider; old ag,

Fwiw, the MORON LEFT has plenty to guns & other weapons to cause severe damage to the citizens, infrastructure & to American society. - As time goes on & the crazies become more numerous, I think that it is highly likely that the crazies will acquire sufficient arms/explosives for their plans.
    The Leftists will NOT win but their eventual/final loss will likely cost many lives & much property damage, nonetheless.

That's why I suggest to every freedom-loving patriot to prepare for the left's plans for civil insurrection in our lifetimes.

just my OPINIONS, satx

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    hello-coastal-cities.jpg

The leftist stronghold

trumplandpng.jpg

The right

Attachments

• hello-coastal-cities.jpg
      hello-coastal-cities.jpg
      66 KB · Views: 284
    • trumplandpng.jpg
      trumplandpng.jpg
      104.9 KB · Views: 284

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I've seen it, I just forgot.

ETA: Never mind, lol.
    It's ok, when I first saw the Billy Jack post earlier, I remembered seeing Billy Jack in a biker movie, but I had at first thought it was "Hell's Angels on Wheels" until I looked it up.

Top Bottom