Military Camp

Is appendix concealed carry right for you?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    <>

I bought one of those ‘’anti-carjacking’’ semi-crossdraw OWB’s. Even w/ the Scandium J-frame, it is uncomfortble.

i find it easier just to have a second, off-body, gun in the truck for that purpose.

It is more comfortable when standing-up, so I may use it for crowded areas.

The 100# dog is very gentle, but does make others ‘’think twice’’.

Now, what was the original topic here ?

Guns International

hullhullhull

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2022
    El Paso
    Not really, ( I carry primarily OWB) but on those rare , few other methods, you would not be pointing it at your dick.
    I don’t mind that you disagree, but I’ve looked at other carry methods. In most of them you end up pointing a gun at yourself either in carrying, drawing, or holstering. Maybe not your dick, but certainly part of your body. Again though, if your fundamentals (not the same as the “rules”) are sound you are fine.

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    From the PHLister channel

There are many holsters and handguns for one to choose what is best for you. Be an informed lawful and responsible gun owner who carries a handgun that is concealed, comfortable/comforting, and accessible.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    From the PHLister channel

There are many holsters and handguns for one to choose what is best for you. Be an informed lawful and responsible gun owner who carries a handgun that is concealed, comfortable/comforting, and accessible.

<>

i couldn’t ‘’appendix carry’’ b/c I was fat. . . . . .

So, I lost 80#.

I still can’t.

Then I bought an ’’anti-carjacking’ cross-draw Bianchi holster. . . . . It works great. . . . . at first. . . . .

But, I can’t sit down while wearing it.

Not able to drive standing-up !

At least I’m not fat any more.

I can drive my boat standing-up; I could call it my anti-boat-jacking holster.

I should go back to drinking !

leVieux

<>

paknheat

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2022
    Texas, Somewhere near Palestine
    I agree. I have not made a decent comfortable appendix carry holster yet either. My prefered carry is crossdraw, especially sitting or in a car. I generally carry right hip to be a little less noticable. Under my right kidney, butt foward is actually much easier to draw from but leaves the pistol more exposed. I reserve that for late at night walking the dog. Then I also have one crossdraw as well.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

I’ve been thinking of trying the cross draw method.

What holster are you using presently for this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

mongoose

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    nm
    I don’t mind that you disagree, but I’ve looked at other carry methods. In most of them you end up pointing a gun at yourself either in carrying, drawing, or holstering. Maybe not your dick, but certainly part of your body. Again though, if your fundamentals (not the same as the “rules”) are sound you are fine.
    I primarily carry IWB at 3:00 to 4:00 o'clock My gun never points at any part of my body. How do you think it would?.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I’ve been thinking of trying the cross draw method.

What holster are you using presently for this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    <>

OK,

But, IF you do; I suggest first trying with a small revolver.

Make sure that you can sit comfortably with rig in place.

You are welcome to try my two large “holster boxes’’.

leVieux

<>

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    In this video, we'll discuss some of the safety concerns related to appendix carry. Although this carry orientation is becoming less controversial and may even be considered common practice, there are dangers that need to be addressed and mitigated.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    In this video, we'll discuss some of the safety concerns related to appendix carry. Although this carry orientation is becoming less controversial and may even be considered common practice, there are dangers that need to be addressed and mitigated.

I think just from the screen image on the video it is very apparent what the concern might be.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

<>

Why I love the GALCO “Scout” holsters. The entire rig can be donned, removed, adjusted w/ ONE hand, with gun in or out.

So NO re-holstering w/ holster on person. Reach over, remove holster, replace gun out in front away from body in FULL view, then replace holstered gun and holster back IWB.

Can’t be beat !

leVieux

<>

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    <>

Why I love the GALCO “Scout” holsters. The entire rig can be donned, removed, adjusted w/ ONE hand, with gun in or out.

So NO re-holstering w/ holster on person. Reach over, remove holster, replace gun out in front away from body in FULL view, then replace holstered gun and holster back IWB.

Can’t be beat !

leVieux

<>

I follow the same practice with all my IWB and pocket carry rigs.

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    More tips on appendix carry. As one who has worn OWB for years I find it interesting how this carry style has evolved over the decades. The ingenuity and resourceful use of new materials along with smaller effective pistols being created answered the market place demand.

The Tactical Hyve mentions important holster items such as claw and wedge to fit right. Would you agree/disagree?

Top Bottom