Target Sports

Is appendix concealed carry right for you?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    "What is Massad Ayoob opinion about Appendix Carry. Mas lists the pros and cons of carrying AIWB. He looks at the balance of speed, comfort and safety. Mas give you all the info. It is up to you if you want to carry appendix."

And who is Massad Ayoob;
    Massad Ayoob has been handgun editor of GUNS magazine and law enforcement columnist for AMERICAN HANDGUNNER since the 1970s and has published thousands of articles in gun magazines, martial arts publications, and law enforcement journals. He is the author of some twenty books on firearms, self-defense, and related topics, including “In the Gravest Extreme” and “Deadly Force,” widely considered to be authoritative texts on the topic of the use of lethal force. [IMO he is entitled to an opinion on this subject.]

BTW: elsewhere on this forum are discussions of all types of other holsters for concealed carry so find one that's best for you. There is even one on recommended belts better suited for carrying a gun.

John Sam Rayburn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2023
    Lufkin, Texas
    He makes good points.

I used to teach Gun Wrasslin. Appendix Carry is best for that, but I don't dig it because it's uncomfortable the other 99.9999% of your life.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Same risk of shooting yourself as every other carry method if your fundamentals are trash.

But not the same risk of shooting yourself in the dick as every other carry method.

I’ve never wondered if I’d rather be known for shooting myself in the foot or shooting myself in the dick. But one could say they shot themself in the foot with appendix carry when the had an ND while holstering.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Does anyone have any real data on the number of people that have shot themsevles while carrying appendix inside or outside the waist band?
    With a holster. Mexican carry does not count.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

paknheat

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2022
    Texas, Somewhere near Palestine
    Does anyone have any real data on the number of people that have shot themsevles while carrying appendix inside or outside the waist band?

I was wondering about that too. Anybody got data about someone putting a round through their Richard while carrying or reholstering?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne

Not that I’m aware of, but it’s fun to make fun of.

There are some situations where appendix carry makes a lot of sense; it’s just that those situations aren’t very common. I suspect Mexican carry happens more often than holstered and holstered appendix carry is not comfortable for most people in most everyday situations.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    I now EDC a smaller and lighter than my G19. No, it's not micro, but a smaller 9 mm pocket holstered with a quite adequate capacity of 11 + 1.

I've found it THE most comfortable way to carry for me.

Access is quick with 'less chance' of bulletizing me pene con huevos...

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Not that I’m aware of, but it’s fun to make fun of.

There are some situations where appendix carry makes a lot of sense; it’s just that those situations aren’t very common. I suspect Mexican carry happens more often than holstered and holstered appendix carry is not comfortable for most people in most everyday situations.
    I agree. I have not made a decent comfortable appendix carry holster yet either. My prefered carry is crossdraw, especially sitting or in a car. I generally carry right hip to be a little less noticable. Under my right kidney, butt foward is actually much easier to draw from but leaves the pistol more exposed. I reserve that for late at night walking the dog. Then I also have one crossdraw as well.

Top Bottom