• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    Houston, Texas
    I don't know what to believe anymore lol Just keep in mind that we live in a society that used to believe that the earth was truly flat, all the experts back then believed with all their heart it was flat and you would fall on the earth if sailed too far in your ship.. Now look at us, it only takes 15-19 hrs to FLY half way around the earth (From Houston to Beijing). Says a lot about humanity and their opinions.
    Guns International

just jk

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    dee eff dub
    I don't know what to believe anymore lol Just keep in mind that we live in a society that used to believe that the earth was truly flat, all the experts back then believed with all their heart it was flat and you would fall on the earth if sailed too far in your ship.. Now look at us, it only takes 15-19 hrs to FLY half way around the earth (From Houston to Beijing). Says a lot about humanity and their opinions.

we've (hopefully) progressed since the 1400's or so when a few believed the earth to be flat......but i dont recall any historical evidence that would suggest that even the people of those period had any "big foot sightings"

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    Houston, Texas
    Correct, but we haven't progressed enough to understand what Mother nature has under her sleeve. And I believe there is plenty of Crypto Zoologists that have valid evidence of a Historical creature that people( in that time) have seen and recorded the sighting.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Yeti, sasquatch, abominable snowman, bigfoot.
    The accounts of sighting go way back and are not limited to one continent.

Still, we have no solid proof.

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    Yes, I seens one
    IMG_1788.jpg

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I don't know, but I really hate that show on Animal Planet. Between sasquatch, ancient alien, and mermaid "documentaries" I am sorely tempted to to cancel the cable.

Se7en62

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2015
    That Holler Up Yonder, Texas
    As of right now, there is no explanation for thousands of recovered footprints, sightings, audio recordings, video recordings, and eye witness testimonies. Yes, some are blatant hoaxes put on by kids who want attention, but for many that are recorded by everyday Joe's and reported anonymously, I cannot fathom the degree of difficulty in faking them, the budget necessary, and/or the amount of planning and coercion to keep them believable. If you're at all interested in reading more:

Dr. Jeff Meldrum
    David Paulides Biography
    David Paulides (Author of the Missing 411 Series: Missing 411 Western North America; Missing 411 Eastern North America; Missing 411 North America & Beyond; etc.)

Compelling footage I have not found an explanation for:
    Bigfoot Crosses Road in Front of State Trooper Dash Camera
    Sasquatch filmed by IMAX film crew while filming Caribou
    21 Degrees - Between Bigfoot and You
    Algonquin Park, Ontario Bigfoot (Enhanced)
    Calgary, Alberta Bigfoot spotted by Family
    Les Stroud Talking About 1 of His Encounters

Compelling Audio:
    Bigfoot Vocalizations
    Longest Audio Ever Recorded - Clipper Mills, California

Another Perspective on Neanderthal:
    Neanderthal - Profile of a Super Predator

Here's just a FEW of the sightings I've read on the subject:
    North America Bigfoot Search Reports

There are literally thousands of other reports on the subject. My own Dad had an encounter just last year near Wimberley. He's a native Alaskan, born and raised around North America's largest predators, he's lived on 3 continents and the last 24 years he's spent in the Texas hill country southwest of Wimberley. He's also an avid outdoorsman. If you guys want to hear the details, it's a pretty freaky tale and my Dad's not one to hoax...he didn't even tell me about it until months later. Just ask and I'll share it in detail...

Anyhow, his report made its way to the BFRO (Bigfoot Research Organization)...Yeah a thing actually exists. They first sent out a retired deputy who at first called to ask questions. After hearing the details, he said he'd like to contact another investigator and come to meet my Dad in person. They did so, and low and behold the other investigator had a government background in law enforcement. He couldn't say exactly what, but he did say that there have been more sightings and encounters in Central Texas than they can keep up with. He said many are hoaxes or are easily explainable, like Raccoon and Mountain Lion, but as it is with my Dad's case, most incidences follow a certain set of characteristics and are made by otherwise normal folks, living in the country, who have nothing to gain. My Dad has stayed completely anonymous about it all, being as how he's a working professional with multiple university degrees including an MSW and would rather not be considered some sort of coot.

That said, here is a map of Texas showing sighting that have been reported to the BFRO. Note that this does not include my Dad's encounter, which tells you how far behind and how underfunded these guys are.

Texas.gif

Here is a list to all of the above aforementioned sightings in detail:
    Reports for Texas

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    its a good thing some of you weren't around to help Thomas Edision or we'd still be using candles.:green:
    there are some good scientist out there working on this and they will either qualify or disqualify the existence of this animal

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Robot defenses are the biggest issue. Especially not knowing how well the robots will be armored or what type of weapons they will have.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Buster1979
    Top Bottom