Military Camp

Is Californication or New Yorkification of Texas inevitable?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VousTT

Houston, TX
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 13, 2021
    Houston
    Voting local is a great start to keeping Texas Red. We just had an important HISD election here in Houston and the incumbent candidate was ousted.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Gotta vote local. Transplants need to adopt our culture or get the **** out. Cities are always going to go to shit. Populations bring infrastructure, infrastructure brings trash, trash bring democrats/communists. If you live in or near a city in the next couple of decades I feel for you

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    For past 30+ years folks moving to Texas came here to live in a state that had more freedom, less taxes. As a result they tended to vote more conservative than natives, and it showed in exit polls.

That is not the case much anymore. Lots of people coming here are only coming here because their company relocated here. They are not likely to vote conservative, they will likely keep voting like they did.

rjrules1909

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 26, 2021
    Austin
    For past 30+ years folks moving to Texas came here to live in a state that had more freedom, less taxes. As a result they tended to vote more conservative than natives, and it showed in exit polls.

That is not the case much anymore. Lots of people coming here are only coming here because their company relocated here. They are not likely to vote conservative, they will likely keep voting like they did.

this is sorta true as big tech move will change dynamics of cities they go. i hope people realize why they moved to texas in first place and dont screw things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JamesH

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2021
    California
    If I may... I am not qualified to opine on weather or not Texas will become CA or NY "2.0". I don't even live in Texas yet (currently working on that).

I was born and raised in CA. Still live there.

I've seen what "compromise" looks like. I've seen hunters stand by, as anti 2A folks went after "assault weapons", because hunters didn't "need" assault weapons.

I've witnessed concealed carry advocates sand by, as anti 2A activists targeted open carriers because only "attention getters" wanted to open carry. Or, because open carriers scare other folks/ business owners.

I've seen hobbyists stand by, as they went after lead bullets, because hunters were "poisoning wildlife".

I've seen target shooters stand by, as they went after concealed carry advocates, because there's no need for defense against paper targets.

I've seen "2A supporters" turn a blind eye to the portion of the 2A they don't exorcize, because "as long as they don't come after "me", its all good.

The lack of unity and the acceptance of "compromise " allowed California, a once Red State (friendly to the 2A), to become the cesspool of anti-freedom, unconstitutional force it is today.

I've seen a post or two here, that claim folks don't understand the need to compromise.

I can tell you this: Compromise is a friendly term for "death by a thousand cuts", when it comes to the 2A (and all other freedoms, for that matter).

In my experience, as a Californian, compromise is the very first step a tyrant needs to trample over the constitution, and the very God-given rights that make the U.S. the greatest nation in the world.

For those that see compromise as a way to live symbiotically, I respectlly disagree and I will wholeheartedly fight you, tooth and nail, every step of the way.

This great nation was not founded on compromise, but rather on the steadfast commitment to freedom, individual liberty and natural rights from our Creator.

See you soon, Texas!

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    If I may... I am not qualified to opine on weather or not Texas will become CA or NY "2.0". I don't even live in Texas yet (currently working on that).

I was born and raised in CA. Still live there.

I've seen what "compromise" looks like. I've seen hunters stand by, as anti 2A folks went after "assault weapons", because hunters didn't "need" assault weapons.

I've witnessed concealed carry advocates sand by, as anti 2A activists targeted open carriers because only "attention getters" wanted to open carry. Or, because open carriers scare other folks/ business owners.

I've seen hobbyists stand by, as they went after lead bullets, because hunters were "poisoning wildlife".

I've seen target shooters stand by, as they went after concealed carry advocates, because there's no need for defense against paper targets.

I've seen "2A supporters" turn a blind eye to the portion of the 2A they don't exorcize, because "as long as they don't come after "me", its all good.

The lack of unity and the acceptance of "compromise " allowed California, a once Red State (friendly to the 2A), to become the cesspool of anti-freedom, unconstitutional force it is today.

I've seen a post or two here, that claim folks don't understand the need to compromise.

I can tell you this: Compromise is a friendly term for "death by a thousand cuts", when it comes to the 2A (and all other freedoms, for that matter).

In my experience, as a Californian, compromise is the very first step a tyrant needs to trample over the constitution, and the very God-given rights that make the U.S. the greatest nation in the world.

For those that see compromise as a way to live symbiotically, I respectlly disagree and I will wholeheartedly fight you, tooth and nail, every step of the way.

This great nation was not founded on compromise, but rather on the steadfast commitment to freedom, individual liberty and natural rights from our Creator.

See you soon, Texas!
    Excellent post and perspective. I can agree with this whole-heartedly.

Many times, IMO it's been labeled as "compromise" as means to gain further restrictions on the 2nd Amendment and our guns.

But it is anything but compromise. True compromise would be all parties meeting, settling differences, and coming to an agreement that was beneficial to all parties involved.

At no point has that ever happened in regards to gun rights, law-abiding gun owners, or guns. They keep taking, and taking, and keep saying its compromise. What has the other side ever given in return? Nothing that I can recall.

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    There can be no more compromise on our 2nd Amendment right. Citizens already let over 22,000 laws on firearms be enacted. And we know the real reason is to control law abiding citizens so corrupt pols can can control us through tyranny.

smittyb

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Cut N Shoot
    Democrats are already running Texas. Abbott is a leftist piece of mule vomit, his "best buddy" Dade is a radical far-left Democrat, and Cornyn is a little leftist swamp critter. Not to mention, one of tubby open-borders "my turn" Jebbie Bush's little swine boys with both trotters in the trough right up at the top of the leftist heap who style themselves our masters.

And all of them swear that they are "Republicans."

Which carries me along to the usual theory that we have the Evil Party and the Stupid party. Two sides of the same corrupt coin, with one side wanting you in the gas chambers right now and the other thinking...well, maybe later.
    NAILED IT.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom