• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AlteisenMkII

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2022
    San Antonio,TX
    I was looking for a SRH Toklat and wound up picking a 7.5 SRH and had been wondering though did call Ten Ring Precision on a price on cutting and remounting the sight for a 7in Super Redhawk to a 5.5in SRH almost a year ago.

I still will need to give it some range time with different bullet weights for 45LC and 454 Casull.

But I have had some friends say I say I shouldn't do it cause it will reduce its value.

Any experience with this?
    Capitol Armory ad

andre3k

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Houston
    I was looking for a SRH Toklat and wound up picking a 7.5 SRH and had been wondering though did call Ten Ring Precision on a price on cutting and remounting the sight for a 7in Super Redhawk to a 5.5in SRH almost a year ago.

I still will need to give it some range time with different bullet weights for 45LC and 454 Casull.

But I have had some friends say I say I shouldn't do it cause it will reduce its value.

If it's a gun you plan on keeping and shooting the resale value won't matter.

Sent from my SM-A135U1 using Tapatalk

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I am generally not concerned about resale value on modified firearms. I get them where I want them and enjoy them.

If you think you might have to sell then either plan on taking a hit or don't modify it.

Life is too short to worry about a little bit of money either way.

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas

I bought an extra barrel to have a vent ribbed silouette gun and kept the original to re install,on a Ruger blackhawk I'll never sell the gun... I've had it for 50 years.. but still keep the originalbarrelaround.

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    I am generally not concerned about resale value on modified firearms. I get them where I want them and enjoy them.

If you think you might have to sell then either plan on taking a hit or don't modify it.

Life is too short to worry about a little bit of money either way.
    Absolutely the best approach- pristine is for safe queens and investment firearms. Shooters should be the best shooter it can be!

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gilly
    Top Bottom