• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AlteisenMkII

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2022
    San Antonio,TX
    I was looking for a SRH Toklat and wound up picking a 7.5 SRH and had been wondering though did call Ten Ring Precision on a price on cutting and remounting the sight for a 7in Super Redhawk to a 5.5in SRH almost a year ago.

I still will need to give it some range time with different bullet weights for 45LC and 454 Casull.

But I have had some friends say I say I shouldn't do it cause it will reduce its value.

Any experience with this?
    Gun Zone Deals

andre3k

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Houston
    I was looking for a SRH Toklat and wound up picking a 7.5 SRH and had been wondering though did call Ten Ring Precision on a price on cutting and remounting the sight for a 7in Super Redhawk to a 5.5in SRH almost a year ago.

I still will need to give it some range time with different bullet weights for 45LC and 454 Casull.

But I have had some friends say I say I shouldn't do it cause it will reduce its value.

If it's a gun you plan on keeping and shooting the resale value won't matter.

Sent from my SM-A135U1 using Tapatalk

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I am generally not concerned about resale value on modified firearms. I get them where I want them and enjoy them.

If you think you might have to sell then either plan on taking a hit or don't modify it.

Life is too short to worry about a little bit of money either way.

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas

I bought an extra barrel to have a vent ribbed silouette gun and kept the original to re install,on a Ruger blackhawk I'll never sell the gun... I've had it for 50 years.. but still keep the originalbarrelaround.

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    I am generally not concerned about resale value on modified firearms. I get them where I want them and enjoy them.

If you think you might have to sell then either plan on taking a hit or don't modify it.

Life is too short to worry about a little bit of money either way.
    Absolutely the best approach- pristine is for safe queens and investment firearms. Shooters should be the best shooter it can be!

Top Bottom