Join TexasGunTalk

Is EOtech worth the money?

Discussion in 'Optics' started by ussoldier1984, Oct 23, 2016.

1. 40Arpent

40Arpent TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    EOTech is not worth it, but Aimpoint is. :)

2. hoothrewpoo

hoothrewpoo Active Member

Feb 23, 2011
    Dripping Springs
    Have you considered the Mepro 21m? It's a good compromise between holosight and RDO. Having owned various eotech, aimpoint and trijicon sights, I'd go mepro over all of them for a quick target acquisition sight.... and no batteries to worry about.

3. HKShooter65

HKShooter65 Well-Known

Mine are great though I like Aimpoint better.
    Just a subjective personal thing I think.

Have seen some beat-to-hell GI carry-back CompM2s and CompM4s that seem to work like new.

The way most of our civilian optics get coddled and protected I’d say it’s just personal preferance.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2016
  4. Jamesxz12

Jamesxz12 New Member

Dec 16, 2016
    I find them worth it just the smaller one just easier to adjust when placing other Assessories around the top railings

5. AustinN4

AustinN4 TGT Addict

Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    Some in this thread might be interested in Vortex's new holographic offering:

https://vortexnation.wordpress.com/2016/11/22/vipeek-new-product-2017/

Meet the Razor® AMG® UH-1, affectionately known in-house as “Huey.” The UH-1 is a completely new force in weapon-mounted holographic technology, and you’re the first to see it. Inside its durable aluminum chassis, the UH-1 features rugged internals with fewer moving parts than traditional holographic sights, all equating to maximum durability. One CR123A battery powers the sight, with the option of running rechargeable LFP 123A’s, which can be recharged using the on-board, waterproof, micro-USB port. Lastly, because the shooter is the only one who should be able to see the New EBR-CQB reticle, the entire system has been engineered to virtually eliminate all traces of forward signature, unlike any other red dot or holographic sights on the market.

6. texas skeeter

texas skeeter TGT Addict

I'm interested in seeing how much that Huey is going to cost. And you can't beat Vortex's warranty.

7. Davetex

Davetex TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Mar 27, 2010
    Pflugerville
    Yep

8. AustinN4

AustinN4 TGT Addict

Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
  9. Wezel

Wezel Member

Aimpoint PRO

10. texas skeeter

texas skeeter TGT Addict

500$ seems a tad bit pricey for that Huey.