• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    FWIW I took an Eotech out today shooting.
    Did so with this thread in mind.

I have the one with the XR308 reticle (forgetting where I even picked it up!) with the couple of extra dots for the M240 Machine Gun I think, 7.62x51 lower-dots for 600 and 1,000 meters, or something like that.

Have it on a 300BLK 9” AAC AR SBR upper and the dots are pretty darn close at 50, 150 and 200 yards I’m finding with the Remington 220gr stuff. The "big" obscuring red dot is OK, as the upper only shoots 3-4” groups with good glass optics anyhow.

I cannot see how anyone could NOT like it.
    I can see how someone could question the relatively high cost, though you get what you pay for.
    If I were to be required to throw it off a cliff daily or into a swimming pool weekly I’d lean toward a Comp M4, I’ll admit.

I don’t see a down-side unless you wish to shoot tiny groups at 100 yards. That is not it’s purpose.
    The way most civilian optics are babied it’ll likely last longer than you will for sure.

Last edited:

rexster314

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    I got my SOLGW M4 the middle of October, shortly thereafter after doing considerable homework I bought the EOtech 512 with the laser battery cap at a very good price. Since I bought the kit mainly for HD and zombie killing, I sighted in the EOtech for 25 yards. The first problem I had was when wearing my bifocals I had to have a cheek weld just right so the red dot and circle weren't pixelated so much. Next time at the range I was wearing my contacts and most of the pixelation went away. Still there, but not as bad. I know the red dot and circle are made by a laser in the sight. I've run about 400 rounds through the gun just getting used to everything.
    The other day I noticed that Palmetto State had a sale on the Aimpoint PRO and 10 Magpul 30rnd magazines for basically the price of the scope. PSA has a 30 day return policy so I purchased the Aimpoint to get a comparison which might be the best for my astigmatism problem. I like the 1moa dot in the EOtech, but for what I want to do with the kit the Aimpoint with the 2moa dot might be better with the LED dot.

Top Bottom