• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    Has anyone successfully used GunBot to purchase a large quantity (let's say 1000 or more) of .22LR ammo? If not, is there another site that works well? I see several advertised (including ammoseek), but am wondering if the deals are still there by the time one clicks the link. There are so many people still hunting this ammo.

I set the little alert thingy, so we'll see what happens.

UPDATE: It works great. Within two hours of signing up for a GunBot account, I got a notification of ammo at the alert level I set ($0.08 per round). The link took me straight to the GanderMountain page, where I had to sign up for another account (as noted below in Post #5, pre-signing would be a ninja-move here), and ordered the ammo. I just now received a shipping notice and a FedEx tracking number, so that means that in less than 24 hours I went from nada to goldmine. Highly recommended. Actually, I mean it was terrible. Please don't sign up. Leave the ammo for the rest of us.
    Gun Zone Deals

Last edited:

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    I think most of them are good, you just need to be quick.

Back during the panic, I used these search engines quite a bit and to much success.
    However, what I found I needed to do was at the time they popped up was:

1) Be online (obviously :) )

2) Register an account with all the usual vendors in advance.

3) I would log into all of those vendors and leave them all open in the background. When a deal would pop up I would hit buy now and proceed to checkout

4) Have your CC number on hand and be quick at entering the details. A few times things where in stock when I added it and I went to get my CC only to find they were OOS before I could enter my details.

Now I have heard of guys with programs that would auto buy for them and that sort of sucks for those that don't have such skills, but I did alright even at the worst of times.

Good luck.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    The only .22 LR I found at a decent price lately was at Midway USA. Check early and often. 1,500 rounds of Eley, Norma, and RWS. All were target grade ammo, so the price was high, but not unreasonable. Over the years, I've drifted from blasting .22 LR to precision shooting. .22 LR is much more of a challenge than loading up a favorite center fire recipe and getting sub-MOA results.

It is far easier to develop an accurate center fire load, than it is to find a .22 LR that shoots accurately out of a particular gun.

So far, I've had the best accuracy with Winchester Dyna Points, CCI Standard Velocity, and Federal Gold Medal Match -- none of which I have been able to find locally for many months.

Have not shot any of the .22's I ordered on-line yet ... as I have plenty of Bill Clinton era .22 LR ammo on hand that needs to be shot up.

35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    Updated original post with the following:

It works great. Within two hours of signing up for a GunBot account, I got a notification of ammo at the alert level I set ($0.08 per round). The link took me straight to the GanderMountain page, where I had to sign up for another account (as noted below in Post #5, pre-signing would be a ninja-move here), and ordered the ammo. I just now received a shipping notice, so that means that in less than 24 hours I went from nada to goldmine. Highly recommended. Actually, I mean it was terrible. Please don't sign up. Leave the ammo for the rest of us.

Pilgrim

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Volente
    I've bought a total of about 4,000 rounds through gunbot deals (in various calibers). Largest lot was 1500 Wolf Match .22

No problems at all... but, just as Southpaw said, you gotta be quick.

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    And, don't be ashamed to jump on good deals that involve a backorder. I jumped on 5,000 CCI MiniMags yesterday at $.06/round. I won't see them for a while, but the price won't be jumping. In the meantime, I've still got some Fiocchi HV and a good 5,000 rounds of Aguila SuperExtra High Velocity, a couple thousand rounds of Wolf Match Target, and a few thousand various subsonics.

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    I have a friend that works at Bass Pro. He knows the resellers pretty well and limits them to 2 boxes, most others to 5 boxes. The other day the reseller was in and saw someone get 5 boxes, and also wanted 5 boxes. The answer was no.
    Long story short, it was bumped way up to corporate. The reseller was allowed an unlimited one time purchase. He took 20,000 rounds in a single sale (all they had).

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    And, don't be ashamed to jump on good deals that involve a backorder. I jumped on 5,000 CCI MiniMags yesterday at $.06/round. I won't see them for a while, but the price won't be jumping. In the meantime, I've still got some Fiocchi HV and a good 5,000 rounds of Aguila SuperExtra High Velocity, a couple thousand rounds of Wolf Match Target, and a few thousand various subsonics.

I got in on I think the same deal. It was for November 2014 delivery....

dbgun

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    I have a friend that works at Bass Pro. He knows the resellers pretty well and limits them to 2 boxes, most others to 5 boxes. The other day the reseller was in and saw someone get 5 boxes, and also wanted 5 boxes. The answer was no.
    Long story short, it was bumped way up to corporate. The reseller was allowed an unlimited one time purchase. He took 20,000 rounds in a single sale (all they had).

Now I know, why I haven't seen any 22 ammo lately. LOL.

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    I shoot all I can get--definitely NOT a reseller here. Doh! But I do get antsy if I have less than 10,000 rounds of .22LR in the house.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Josephn58333
    Top Bottom