• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AgedWarrior

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2021
    Lamb County, TX
    He seems to vote pretty much pro 2A. Maybe his secretary is just a bad letter writer.

This does present a pretty much pro 2A picture, unlike the letter. I might be a little easier on him, but he owns the letter, cannot blame the secretary or anyone else if he signed it. I don’t trust a pol who won’t make a stand publicly until he/she sees how the cards fall…

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    This does present a pretty much pro 2A picture, unlike the letter. I might be a little easier on him, but he owns the letter, cannot blame the secretary or anyone else if he signed it. I don’t trust a pol who won’t make a stand publicly until he/she sees how the cards fall…
    Yeah. I was mostly ranting on the form letter, not Carter's position on gun control. He seems pretty much pro 2A.

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    I can't tell from Rep Carter's response. This could have been a letter in response to either side. Pretty ambiguous.

Thank you for contacting me. It is good to hear from you and I’m pleased to respond.
    While I have long supported the Second Amendment, I remain aware of the sensitive and emotional nature of the gun control debate. Despite court cases permitting the private ownership of firearms, the appropriate implementation of the Second Amendment continues to inspire deep and seemingly absolute convictions as well as vigorous opposing views.
    As you may know, H.R. 2510, the Keep Americans Safe Act, would prohibit the transfer, importation, or possession of magazines able to hold more than 10 rounds of ammunition. Opponents of this bill argue that it impedes on the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding citizens without evidence that it will prevent crime.
    H.R. 2510 has been referred to the Judiciary Committee for further review. You can be sure I will keep your thoughts in mind as I monitor the progress of this legislation.
    I appreciate the opportunity to work for you in Congress. Please visit www.carter.house.gov, my various social media sites (@JudgeCarter), and feel free to contact me in the future with any concerns you may have.

Sincerely,

mail

Rep. John Carter
    Member of Congress
    This guy is a POS.

Wiliamr

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Austin
    He is a politican. His letter is generic and is sent to anyone who writes about that issue. One of the biggest things anyone can do for their education in politics is either work for or be friends with someone who works for a Congressman or Senator as office staff. A year into the job, they have forgotten how to say yes or no. But Maybe IF!!! they got that one down.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    John Carter has been rated "A" by the NRA for his voting record on gun control.

https://www.ontheissues.org/tx/John_Carter_Gun_Control.htm

It's usually wise to look into the facts before one spouts off on an issue.
    Yeah, I don't understand where all the antipathy for John Carter is coming from. He may write bad response letters, but he is definitely Pro 2A. Some folks only read the last post in a thread and miss the point.

LAWJIC

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2021
    Waco, Tx
    I can't tell from Rep Carter's response. This could have been a letter in response to either side. Pretty ambiguous. Looking at his voting record tho, he seems to be full blown Pro 2A

Thank you for contacting me. It is good to hear from you and I’m pleased to respond.
    While I have long supported the Second Amendment, I remain aware of the sensitive and emotional nature of the gun control debate. Despite court cases permitting the private ownership of firearms, the appropriate implementation of the Second Amendment continues to inspire deep and seemingly absolute convictions as well as vigorous opposing views.
    As you may know, H.R. 2510, the Keep Americans Safe Act, would prohibit the transfer, importation, or possession of magazines able to hold more than 10 rounds of ammunition. Opponents of this bill argue that it impedes on the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding citizens without evidence that it will prevent crime.
    H.R. 2510 has been referred to the Judiciary Committee for further review. You can be sure I will keep your thoughts in mind as I monitor the progress of this legislation.
    I appreciate the opportunity to work for you in Congress. Please visit www.carter.house.gov, my various social media sites (@JudgeCarter), and feel free to contact me in the future with any concerns you may have.

Sincerely,

mail

Rep. John Carter
    Member of Congress
    Stay on him…. That sideways talk

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    It's written in weasel-wording, to make you conclude he's on your side no matter which side YOU are on.
    Translation: I am not fit to serve.

Top Bottom