• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    A Friend inherited a car that is in California. It has a California Salvage title. If he decides to keep it can he ship it out here to Texas and register it or will there be problems other than a regular inspection and insurance ?

Its a 1970 El Camino
    Military Camp

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Along the same lines. Will the vehicle described above receive a Texas Salvage title? It would bother me if one could clean a cars past by bringing it to Texas.

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    Along the same lines. Will the vehicle described above receive a Texas Salvage title? It would bother me if one could clean a cars past by bringing it to Texas.
    You used to be able to do that by running a title through Oklahoma. Now once it's branded no matter of underhandedness will remove it.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    A Friend inherited a car that is in California. It has a California Salvage title. If he decides to keep it can he ship it out here to Texas and register it or will there be problems other than a regular inspection and insurance ?

Its a 1970 El Camino
    You'll likely only have an issue with insurance. With that car I would look into classic/specialty car insurance anyways.

It would bother me if one could clean a cars past by bringing it to Texas.
    Depends on who rebuilt it... It's probably better than new.

knormal

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2017
    New Braunfels, TX
    That'd be a great vehicle for Texas - haul and cruise at the same time. I don't believe Salvage Titles from another state have any impact on being able to transfer title or register it. It's more of a consumer alert about the vehicle's past.

DD130

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2017
    Devil's Backbone
    That'd be a great vehicle for Texas - haul and cruise at the same time. I don't believe Salvage Titles from another state have any impact on being able to transfer title or register it. It's more of a consumer alert about the vehicle's past.

I know this threat is OLLD.. but I'll toss this in since I brought a salvaged out of state vehicle in to TX. It was not different than my other car. I got it inspected, went to the country tax office, filed the paperwork. My new TX title shows it as salvage. I also had no issues insuring it either, didn't have to provide any rebuild docs or anything since I had my out of state salvage title with me when I transfered it.

Hope that helps put anyone else reading up on this, to ease.

Top Bottom