• ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    The 10mm that existed prior to the FBI shootout was the Norma loading. 200 gr at 1200 FPS. A level few loads today approach.

In post #148, you stated that .40S&W reached the same energy levels as a 10mm.
    That is what I questioned.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    There were a couple of review samples sent out. I remember reading a couple of reviews.

Yeah.

I had a feeling they wouldn’t take off since TCM pistols would only function with a specific bullet shape and all factory stuff had the same SP bullet (advertised as HP).

Way too many options already out there that would send a 40gr bullet at 2800+FPS and offering a greater bullet variety. The only thing going for it was sharing ammo and mags with the pistol. A semi auto might have sold better. But I doubt it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    In post #148, you stated that .40S&W reached the same energy levels as a 10mm.
    That is what I questioned.

Once the FBI adopted the 10mm they found the girly agents couldn't handle the recoil so they downloaded it. Then Smith&Wesson realized they could offer the same energy level in a shorter round so the .40 Short and Weak came into being.

Reading is fundamental. The FBI downloaded the 10mm. Then S&W realized they could duplicate the DOWNLOADED load in a shorter cartridge.

For some strange reason much of the commercially available 10mm ammo on the market is loaded to barely above .40 Short and Weak levels. Why this is I have no idea. There's no history of older guns unable to handle the pressure levels of the 10mm. The Remington UMC 10mm ammo is loaded to more than the .40 but it's still not close to what it could/should be.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Once the FBI adopted the 10mm they found the girly agents couldn't handle the recoil so they downloaded it. Then Smith&Wesson realized they could offer the same energy level in a shorter round so the .40 Short and Weak came into being.

Reading is fundamental. The FBI downloaded the 10mm. Then S&W realized they could duplicate the DOWNLOADED load in a shorter cartridge.

For some strange reason much of the commercially available 10mm ammo on the market is loaded to barely above .40 Short and Weak levels. Why this is I have no idea. There's no history of older guns unable to handle the pressure levels of the 10mm. The Remington UMC 10mm ammo is loaded to more than the .40 but it's still not close to what it could/should be.

Yeah, you're right, even with YGs post I still missed it.

Polished Rock

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Austin Texas
    I've been looking at the Witness P Match. How do ya like it?
    I like it a lot. It doesn’t require a Barrel upgrade like the Glocks do. I did upgrade the guide rod and recoil spring from factory 16# to 18 or 20#. Got all that from Wolff. It is harder to rack the slide with the heavier spring and inset slide. But it’s really accurate if you are and my 5’4” wife even shoots it pretty well. I use a Safariland OWB and it rides nice. And I love 14+1 of high powered mayhem.

Top Bottom