• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • neverenough

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    Austin
    cgjane. most vest can easily cover a 10 lb difference in weight...or are you at one of those inflection points where you move from one size to another? i found different brands to differ quite a bit too. also depending if it was concealed, over the clothes (like a riot vest) or the otv/iotv military armor...

Saxthorpe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    Houston TX
    I was a reserve sheriff in northern California for six years and even in that more temperate climate and wearing special ribbed and ventillated undershirts my body armor was miserable! I cannot imagine how our LEOs here in Texas can handle wearing their body armor in this heat and high humidity? My hat's off to them on that one... would be in any case as we have some of the finest LEOs here that I have encountered in my lifetime.

kaiserb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Mansfield, Texas
    Thank you for all the replies. I thought it was legal except for felons but the guys at the gun store kept on telling me it wasn't.
    I don't want to break any laws.

Best place to find answers for questions such as this is to search the penal code:

Sec. 46.041. UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF METAL OR BODY ARMOR BY FELON. (a) In this section, "metal or body armor" means any body covering manifestly designed, made, or adapted for the purpose of protecting a person against gunfire.
    (b) A person who has been convicted of a felony commits an offense if after the conviction the person possesses metal or body armor.
    (c) An offense under this section is a felony of the third degree.

Added by Acts 2001, 77th Leg., ch. 452, Sec. 1, eff. Sept. 1, 2001.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom