• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Replace municipal police departments with sheriff’s deputies.

There is something to be said for having a police force that ;
    1) the top of the ladder can be replaced by the people they “serve and protect” by an election and;
    The officers that work for the Sheriff are at Will employees that can have their employment terminated for gross neglect or dereliction.
    Texas SOT

Mohawk600

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Austin
    Be that as it may - when someone wants to hold up one of the most corrupt forces in the world as something to aspire to, it's beyond stupid. And to even consider a federally-based police force is to forget history - and that includes Germany. People in this country best wake up and realize that we're being herded down a path that will see us stripped of what rights we have left.
    Federally based anything is phucking stoopid

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Is it time to disarm the police?

Or at least change their training.

We've seen two incidents where police were outside a house at night and shot into the house killing an innocent person.

Anyone with two brain cells knows that when the lights are on inside a house at night you can't see shit out in the dark. Also, on most houses, if the windows are closed you can't hear someone outside.

Maybe it's time we changed the training for police so they understand these two simple things.

Have them go through the academy, like they do now, then have them go on the job UNARMED for at least 2-3 years. After that time period they then go for an additional 1000 hours of training in tactics and firearms. Have them inside a dwelling with the light on at night, see if they can see or hear other trainees outside. There are lots of other types training that could and should be done. Teach some basic common sense.

If they pass this training, then and ONLY then, will they be allowed to carry a firearm.

In my past life I was an OJI for 15 years. I'll be the first to tell you that it takes a minimum of two years before someone can efficiently deliver the mail and know the job.

I'm damn sure it's the same for law enforcement. They are given a bare minimum of training then turned loose with the power of life and death. They are trained their #1 job is going home at the end of their shift. I'll call bullshit on that one. Their #1 job is to ensure the safety of the citizens they are sworn to protect. Make them have 2-3 years of practical experience before they are given the power of life and death. Let them know they are no better than any other citizen when it comes to use of force. In fact, they should be held to a higher standard.
    Jesus Christ there is a lot of stupid in that

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    Is it time to disarm the police?

Or at least change their training.

We've seen two incidents where police were outside a house at night and shot into the house killing an innocent person.

Anyone with two brain cells knows that when the lights are on inside a house at night you can't see shit out in the dark. Also, on most houses, if the windows are closed you can't hear someone outside.

Maybe it's time we changed the training for police so they understand these two simple things.

Have them go through the academy, like they do now, then have them go on the job UNARMED for at least 2-3 years. After that time period they then go for an additional 1000 hours of training in tactics and firearms. Have them inside a dwelling with the light on at night, see if they can see or hear other trainees outside. There are lots of other types training that could and should be done. Teach some basic common sense.

If they pass this training, then and ONLY then, will they be allowed to carry a firearm.

In my past life I was an OJI for 15 years. I'll be the first to tell you that it takes a minimum of two years before someone can efficiently deliver the mail and know the job.

I'm damn sure it's the same for law enforcement. They are given a bare minimum of training then turned loose with the power of life and death. They are trained their #1 job is going home at the end of their shift. I'll call bullshit on that one. Their #1 job is to ensure the safety of the citizens they are sworn to protect. Make them have 2-3 years of practical experience before they are given the power of life and death. Let them know they are no better than any other citizen when it comes to use of force. In fact, they should be held to a higher standard.

You can't teach common sense.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    You can't teach common sense.

Agreed. But you could definitely attract better candidates if the starting pay was around $300k per year.

If you want cops and training that results in very few mistakes, the citizens are going to have to pony up for that quality of person, because the line of applicants is going to be a mile long.

When you start dealing with budget cuts, pension cuts, vacancies to fill, a lack of applicants to weed out, then you don't get to be as choosy.

Then there's also the part about Cool Hand Luke and common sense going out the window as soon as someone points a gun at you. That's an experience not many have, and no one should want.

Mohawk600

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Austin
    Agreed. But you could definitely attract better candidates if the starting pay was around $300k per year.

If you want cops and training that results in very few mistakes, the citizens are going to have to pony up for that quality of person, because the line of applicants is going to be a mile long.

When you start dealing with budget cuts, pension cuts, vacancies to fill, a lack of applicants to weed out, then you don't get to be as choosy.

Then there's also the part about Cool Hand Luke and common sense going out the window as soon as someone points a gun at you. That's an experience not many have, and no one should want.
    So you want to pay cops $300k per year? Good luck with that.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    So you want to pay cops $300k per year? Good luck with that.

No, just pointing out that life is about compromise. You can't expect a rookie cop making under 40k a year to attract the same kind of qualified individual that offering much more would. Yet so many think the cops should be as qualified as if they were making 300k a year.

We as a society have made cops lower paid than politicians or even high school football coaches. So, we as a society get to deal with the repercussions of our decisions.

Mohawk600

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Austin
    No, just pointing out that life is about compromise. You can't expect a rookie cop making under 40k a year to attract the same kind of qualified individual that offering much more would. Yet so many think the cops should be as qualified as if they were making 300k a year.

We as a society have made cops lower paid than politicians or even high school football coaches. So, we as a society get to deal with the repercussions of our decisions.
    Sorry.....but cops don't deserve salaries as high as teachers or nurses. They clean up....they don't prevent.

Frank59

Wheel Gunner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2018
    San Angelo
    But they have the power to ruin your life if they feel like it. I want the group of folks that are entrusted with that ability to be well trained, well educated, and well compensated.
    Absolutely! And I want their governing bodies to ensure they have the technology and firepower to deliver swift and lethal punishment to unlawful aggression!!

Mohawk600

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Austin
    Absolutely! And I want their governing bodies to ensure they have the technology and firepower to deliver swift and lethal punishment to unlawful aggression!!
    unlawful aggression???????.........be very careful there.....the new left wants to characterize patriotism and conservative thought as unlawful aggression......they are coming for you.

Robert Francis said so.

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    Sorry.....but cops don't deserve salaries as high as teachers or nurses. They clean up....they don't prevent.

That's the biggest pile of bull dung I've seen in a while. According to you they don't prevent, OK, if all of your local law enforcement quit tomorrow can you imagine what the criminal would do. Next time you have an emergency call a teacher or a nurse and see if they make house calls to help.

Top Bottom