• ...and so much more!
  • easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    That's the biggest pile of bull dung I've seen in a while. According to you they don't prevent, OK, if all of your local law enforcement quit tomorrow can you imagine what the criminal would do. Next time you have an emergency call a teacher or a nurse and see if they make house calls to help.
    Well, you can call me, but that doesn't mean I'll answer. This teacher doesn't make anywhere near 300K, so don't expect your call returned.
    Gun Zone Deals

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    That's the biggest pile of bull dung I've seen in a while. According to you they don't prevent, OK, if all of your local law enforcement quit tomorrow can you imagine what the criminal would do. Next time you have an emergency call a teacher or a nurse and see if they make house calls to help.
    Well, I am pretty sure if every cop walked off the job the population of the criminal element would quickly decrease, and the crawdads, alligators, turtles, and crabs would be eating very well for the next several months.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Is it time to disarm the police?

Or at least change their training.

We've seen two incidents where police were outside a house at night and shot into the house killing an innocent person.

Anyone with two brain cells knows that when the lights are on inside a house at night you can't see shit out in the dark. Also, on most houses, if the windows are closed you can't hear someone outside.

Maybe it's time we changed the training for police so they understand these two simple things.

Have them go through the academy, like they do now, then have them go on the job UNARMED for at least 2-3 years. After that time period they then go for an additional 1000 hours of training in tactics and firearms. Have them inside a dwelling with the light on at night, see if they can see or hear other trainees outside. There are lots of other types training that could and should be done. Teach some basic common sense.

If they pass this training, then and ONLY then, will they be allowed to carry a firearm.

In my past life I was an OJI for 15 years. I'll be the first to tell you that it takes a minimum of two years before someone can efficiently deliver the mail and know the job.

I'm damn sure it's the same for law enforcement. They are given a bare minimum of training then turned loose with the power of life and death. They are trained their #1 job is going home at the end of their shift. I'll call bullshit on that one. Their #1 job is to ensure the safety of the citizens they are sworn to protect. Make them have 2-3 years of practical experience before they are given the power of life and death. Let them know they are no better than any other citizen when it comes to use of force. In fact, they should be held to a higher standard.

You clearly have no idea how policing actually works or police are hired or trained and I suspect you have never had to put someone in your sights with the intent to shoot them if it was required by the situation. I don't know how your mail man experience applies so stick to the shoes cobbler...

The solution as I see it is don't be an idiot and silhouette yourself in a window with a gun to try to see what the cops are doing with their guns out...

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    You clearly have no idea how policing actually works or police are hired or trained and I suspect you have never had to put someone in your sights with the intent to shoot them if it was required by the situation. I don't know how your mail man experience applies so stick to the shoes cobbler...

The solution as I see it is don't be an idiot and silhouette yourself in a window with a gun to try to see what the cops are doing with their guns out...

You've clearly have no idea what it's like to actually live in a ghetto or how it works. Crackheads, methheads, and gang bangers often walk up to peoples houses armed and do not identify themselves. Sometimes with flashlights so that they can see. I suspect you've never been in a situation, in the ghetto at night, when people are walking up to your house armed without identifying themselves. I don't know that your upbringing experience applies so stick to the shoes cobbler.

The solution I see is identify yourself in the ghetto when you walk up to someone's house at night or I dunno KNOCK on the door and announce yourself, don't walk up to someone's window when you haven't identified yourself. I'd have had my gun out too, I have more training so I wouldn't have been silhouetted and I probably would have shot that police officer.

Mohawk600

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Austin

Shouldn't the solution be for cops not to be lurking around the house like potential criminals.....whispering and shining lights in windows....when there is no evidence of a crime and the original call was a non urgent welfare check?

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    And to further clarify, 300k was an exaggerated number to prove a point, which it apparently did based on the following conversation.

But the premise is solid. You get what you pay for. Cops are underpaid and only respond instead of prevent. Teachers are underpaid and teach to the tests instead of teaching the students. Nurses play to the insurance billing options. The real world isn't anything like what we wished it was.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    ...The solution as I see it is don't be an idiot and silhouette yourself in a window with a gun to try to see what the cops are doing with their guns out...

Why is it I can’t be an idiot, but LEOs can?

From a licensing perspective, the state of TX requires ~700hrs of instruction for LEOs, which is pretty much the same as a nail tech.

A barber takes about twice that amount of instruction before being able to apply for licensure.

DyeF9

In Thrust We Trust
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2019
    Red Oak TX
    Why is it I can’t be an idiot, but LEOs can? The only thing that protects the individual LEO from their own idiocy the liability cloak they fall under.

From a licensing perspective, the state of TX requires ~700hrs of instruction, which is pretty much the same as a nail tech. A barber’s license takes about twice that amount of instruction before being able to apply for licensure.
    LEO should not be creeping around my property looking in windows, or anyone's property. If someone is creeping in my yard, damn sure I'll have a effin gun.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    LEO should not be creeping around my property looking in windows, or anyone's property. If someone is creeping in my yard, damn sure I'll have a effin gun.

Tell that to cycleguy; I’m just an idiot.

But I don’t silhouette myself. I’ve got sensors and a bunker.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Shouldn't the solution be for cops not to be lurking around the house like potential criminals.....whispering and shining lights in windows....when there is no evidence of a crime and the original call was a non urgent welfare check?
    Well, I was on a "911 hangup" where the caller called 911 said they needed police then hung up without providing any info. He was waiting for police to arrive and ambushed the officers that got there first, shooting one of them.

Just because the call title doesn't sound scary like a robbery or burglary, don't mean we don't have good reasons to be quite and sneak around. And police respond to more than just crimes. EMS and Fire will stand by on some calls until police make sire the scene is safe for them, they don't have the tools to deal with some situations like police do

IN TEXAS: You can threaten deadly force if force is justified (i.e. say "I'll kill you" point a gun, pull a knife...). That said, if you point a gun or pull a knife when not justified, that can constitutes aggravated assault, even if you are in your own house pointing at unknown shadows.

Knowing only part of the original story and assuming the cop had a legal reason (like a check welfare call... remember legal, not just one you like) I could have come to the conclusion that my or another's life was unlawfully in danger and used deadly force against the person too.

DyeF9

In Thrust We Trust
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2019
    Red Oak TX
    .IN TEXAS: You can threaten deadly force if force is justified (i.e. say "I'll kill you" point a gun, pull a knife...). That said, if you point a gun or pull a knife when not justified, that can constitutes aggravated assault, even if you are in your own house pointing at unknown shadows.

If I feel threatened by an unknown predator on my own personal property, and I pull my gun to prepare myself for the worst, that's considered aggravated assault? That's effin bullshit. F that law, and no offense, but f you if you if you ever charged someone for that. You are on someone else's property, cop or not. That's straight up just trying to force people into being sheep and preventing them from defending themselves when cops have 0 legal requirement to do so.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    The one from the call I was on? I sure didn't shed any tears when I saw him meet his end. I felt sorry for his mom who was his hostage...

Yep, and that woman in Ft Worth that felt like she had any right to be prepared to defend in her own home.

Civilians need to learn their place. Police must return home safe, and an innocent life is a small price to pay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom