• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    What day is it? Monday? Tuesday? ****, I dunno. Been working too much lately. Brain melting. Seen some mildly traumatizing shit recently. When's the full moon again? Must be soon - people are especially batshit lately. Would love to get to the range, haven't had the time.

Did I miss something with @Sam7sf - did you go gimpy on us? Wind up in a brawl with a tranny and she stomped your foot with her 300lb linebacker steel toed high heel? Did you accidentally touch a Kimber 6.5CM and get teh ghey? I miss all the good shit.

My hand hurts and I'm not much of switch hitter if that's what your asking.

I haz a solution for you - take a ride into Houston around 11PM, waggle a $10 out the window. Bring some rubber gloves and bleach wipes unless you like living dangerously. No need to cramp your hands or be on the receiving end (unless you're into that sort of thing) :roflfunny:
    Military Camp

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Naples TX.
    What day is it? Monday? Tuesday? ****, I dunno. Been working too much lately. Brain melting. Seen some mildly traumatizing shit recently. When's the full moon again? Must be soon - people are especially batshit lately. Would love to get to the range, haven't had the time.

Did I miss something with @Sam7sf - did you go gimpy on us? Wind up in a brawl with a tranny and she stomped your foot with her 300lb linebacker steel toed high heel? Did you accidentally touch a Kimber 6.5CM and get teh ghey? I miss all the good shit.

I haz a solution for you - take a ride into Houston around 11PM, waggle a $10 out the window. Bring some rubber gloves and bleach wipes unless you like living dangerously. No need to cramp your hands or be on the receiving end (unless you're into that sort of thing) :roflfunny:
    OP inquires as to whether this highly entertaining sanctorum is still a gun forum.

After fully dissecting his query, we devolve into the price of a handy J in Houston.

Now That's a Gun Forum.

blueangel64

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Spring
    My nice, interesting (I thought so!), using good manners = polite and sincere LONG reply to you which took me a LONG TIME TO TYPE due to my hand issues was considered too long - too many LETTERS or digits or whatever in one reply. Venting now.

So it did not TAKE when I pushed reply! Ugh.

So I DELETED all of it. I am not going to put a bunch of what I wrote in different posts for a reply.

GUNS still interest me. VERY specific types of classic firearms still interest me.

I LIKE TO READ ABOUT and LOOK AT something else in FIREARMS that I may not LIKE as much or want to own or shoot too!

I like to LEARN just as much now as I did when I was younger when it comes to ANY SUBJECT MATTER. NOT only when it comes to guns!

I rarely shoot any longer. I keep up my skills and safety issues. (I used to be a high volume shooter and I am not bs-ing you. Back east and out west.)

I have some physical issues and not just due to old age.

I no longer drive.

I gave my last 2 firearms - 2 rifles to my husband but I can still use them.

CZ 457 Lux in 22wmr and 22lr.

I have MANY other interests as an old lady as I did when I was younger.

My husband still shoots 1 or MORE TIMES per week. He shoots alone or with a close friend.

He helps control pests at his friend's HUGE CATTLE RANCH too! They have some sheep too.

He just got his new hunting/fishing licenses too.

He still reloads for ALL OF HIS CF FIREARMS but not for his .380 Glock pistol. He has been reloading since the early 70's.

He and I ENJOY the outdoors even if I am not out in the bitter cold, ice, snow, sleet, snow drifts, etc. as I used to be on a regular basis ALL of my life.

He is out and about more than I am.

Plus he walks (2 miles.) and exercises (UPPER body strength.) 5 days a week and sometimes 6 days at his gym.
    The upper body EXERCISE deal is 3 times per week.

So he walks a lot every single day. He runs errands too.

I exercise at home.

This past WINTER even here in town has been really HARD on me physically.

I still like to SWIM. We read a LOT! We enjoy nature.

We do not WATCH much on the boob tube or free things online.

We have OTA - over the air - free reception. NO dish or cable tv or streaming.

We do have cable for our ISP connection. I hate the company too. There is not much of a choice out here even IN town.

We have a few favorite movies.

I did DONATE my entire set of RAWHIDE to the library recently so other people can enjoy that series.

As I said, we READ a lot of books and online. I listen to TONS of overseas programs in English and some from all over the country OFF of my computer too.

I study and do a lot of research in various subject matters too.

I am much more INTO very SPECIFIC knives, axes and some 'hawks than I am INTO firearms now too!

ADDED MORE.

Cate
    You say you had a CZ 457 Lux? What is your review of it? It’s on my list!

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Hurt my foot outside of work. Took work over a week to get them to communicate so I could get cleared to return. Totally over complicated. Forced me into using all pto left.

I’m back on indeed looking at other security jobs. These guys are a joke.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Hurt my foot outside of work. Took work over a week to get them to communicate so I could get cleared to return. Totally over complicated. Forced me into using all pto left.

HSS in the Dallas area is recruiting for hospital work. Its way less stressful than CIT, and probably just as fun. I dunno how many of the sites up that way are commissioned or not, I just get company alerts + Indeed alerts. If you were down *here* - Clear Lake hospital is recruiting for an armed supervisor. Memorial Herman and Methodist hospitals + CHI hospitals also have armed officers.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Glad to learn you're healed up. :)
    Thanks. It’s been a headache. From Baylor and Scott wasting my time by having a nurse practitioner delay signing off on xray results by three days; knowing I could have gone elsewhere and gotten same day results.

My employer wanted all this. I could have hobbled and gotten by. Worried it would effect driving if on light duty…um I drove here?

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area

Border Patrol is looking for some more agents. Not guarantied Texas, but their looking.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Thanks. It’s been a headache. From Baylor and Scott wasting my time by having a nurse practitioner delay signing off on xray results by three days; knowing I could have gone elsewhere and gotten same day results.

My employer wanted all this. I could have hobbled and gotten by. Worried it would effect driving if on light duty…um I drove here?
    Crap! My bowie came very sharp, was hoping to use it!

Catherine1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    USA
    You say you had a CZ 457 Lux? What is your review of it? It’s on my list!

Hello,

IT is an outstanding CZ rifle! TACK DRIVER!

We have owned and still own several CZ rifles.

We sold an older SWEET CZ Scout and got a newer one.

We gifted a SWEET CZ bolt action rifle in .223 to a close friend of mine - a Veteran who is like a nephew to me.

His and hers CZ 457 Lux = 2 of them in 22wmr. I had one and my husband has HIS and the one that I gave him recently that I still USE.

At the time that we ordered BOTH of them above in 22wmr calibers, I ordered a CZ 457 Lux in 22lr too. I gave that to him but I still USE it.

Sorry for my big letters - LEFT EYE issues here.

We still have a CZ training rifle in 22lr. IT IS SEVERAL YEARS OLD.

We still have my former CZ 455 (?) LUX in 22lr that I gave to him when I got the CZ 457 LUX too.

We still have the NEWER CZ SCOUT too.

He plans on going to the range on Wednesday and he will take his CZ 457 Lux in 22wmr and not the one that I gave him.

Plus the CZ 455 LUX (22lr) if he feels like shooting that with his conceal and open carry handguns.

I think that he may shoot some CCI 22wmr alone or with a couple of other 22 wmr brands in FEDERAL and maybe the silver box of Winchester (?).

I have stock for all of this RF (22wmr and 22lr) ammunition on hand. He got an extra box out of CCI 22wmr ammo and asked me to MARK - SUBTRACT 1 box of ammo OFF of the INVENTORY LIST that I keep on hand for BOTH OF US as always. It is in the den now and ready to be packed for the range.

I highly suggest CZ rifles to people. I am going by what we have owned and shot. BOLT ACTION ones.

SIDE NOTE:

I do NOT like or use SCOPES even though I have worn Rx eyeglasses since I was 5 years old.

I shoot standing UP and I do not LEAN on jack squat.

I do NOT like bench rest or prone - on the ground shooting.

To each their own.

I shoot what works for ME and I shoot better standing UP and using NO scopes too.

My husband uses some scopes on some of his OTHER HUNTING rifles. I do not hunt.

I always did and still do LOVE lever action rifles even though I personally do not own any now. They were heavy and beautiful CLASSIC TOP BRANDS in walnut/steel - walnut/brass rifles. TACK DRIVERS! RF and some in CF.

So I am BIASED when I say that I LOVE lever action and bolt action rifles the MOST and MORE THAN ANY OTHER STYLE OF rifles!

My husband LOVES lever action and bolt action rifles the most too. Right now, with all of his caliber consolidation and DOWNSIZING - he owns more BOLT ACTION rifles than lever action rifles which is UNUSUAL FOR HIM compared to his entire life of GUN OWNERSHIP, hunting, self defense, etc.

I think that you will be happy if you do decide to get a CZ rifle.

If you have any questions on the BEAUTIFUL TACK DRIVERS that he and I have owned in LEVER ACTION rifles and what he does own NOW in lever action rifles... I will be happy to answer you when my hands and LEFT EYE can TAKE IT. ADDED MORE and typos.

Sincerely,

Cate

Last edited:
    Top Bottom