Is the defense shortgun still relevant?

Ioannes

Oct 12, 2019
US
Can you get #2 Buck anywhere these days?

I have a Tavor bullpup shotgun. Bad day for anyone who kicks in my doors and survives my curs.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Axxe55

Trophy Husband. Just Ask My Wife!
Dec 15, 2019
Somewhere....In Texas!
Years ago, I heard, IMO one of the most stupid reasons a person said they chose a rifle over a shogun for home defense, was that a shotgun did so much more damage to interior walls of a house, and left a bloody mess to clean up.

Well, if the price of using a shotgun is fixing drywall and whatever, and cleaning up blood and brains, after a violent attack by intruders, and my loved ones are safe and sound, I'll pay that price gladly.

satx78247

TGT Addict
Jun 23, 2014
What is that old western that they gave a sawed off shotgun to the young deputy because he couldn’t shoot? Previously owned by someone who couldn’t see well. . . . I can’t remember it.
Texas42,

JAMES CAAN played "MISSISSIPPI JOHNNY DIAMOND" in EL DORADO, a 1967 JOHN WAYNE western & bought the sawed-off from "The Swede", after "Cole Thornton",(John Wayne) told "Mississippi" that he was hopeless with a revolver.
According to the movie's script the "sawed off DB" had belonged to a nearly blind & deaf piano player, who got himself hanged for killing the WRONG man in a saloon brawl.
(As readers have doubtless guessed, I LIKED the movie & have seen it several times over the last 5 decades.)

ADDENDA: I have been several times tempted to have my own "sawed-off" DB made up by a gunsmith, with a gun-belt/holster made by EPS. = Long ago, when I was a city marshal, I had one that had been confiscated long years before (It was made out of a WWI vintage FOX DB.) & "left behind" by a previous marshal.
(I was able to STOP more than a few UGY brawls in "joints out on the county line" W/O gunfire, by simply allowing the "participants" to see it in the shoulder holster. - MOST people "have an idea" of how lethal that a shotgun/buckshot is at close range & decided to "go quietly" into custody.)
As I'm about to be licensed as a Type 7 FFL, I suspect that I will make at least a few of them, IF anyone wants a SBS of their own.

yours, satx

Last edited:

satx78247

TGT Addict
Jun 23, 2014
Can you get #2 Buck anywhere these days?

I have a Tavor bullpup shotgun. Bad day for anyone who kicks in my doors and survives my curs.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
loannes,

Just do NOT shoot the dogs by mistake!!!!
(A friend of mine OCONUS shot/killed his MUCH LOVED German Shorthaired Pointer with a 9mm handgun, when a PREDATOR broke into the house. = The GSP lunged at the housebreaker's throat, just as WO2 Floyd S______________ fired the BHP pistol. - The dog was killed instantly; the criminal lived to go to prison for 15 years.)

yours, satx

candcallen

Purveyor of Snark Humor and Truth.
Jul 23, 2011
Little Elm
When I investigate bumps in the night its usually with a handgun, I can hide it easily if I'm outside.

When I investigate what I think is a door being kicked in or someone in my home it's with thors hammer. My mossberg 590A1.

mgmcguire1

Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid.
Aug 15, 2020
Fort Worth, TX
When I investigate bumps in the night its usually with a handgun, I can hide it easily if I'm outside.

When I investigate what I think is a door being kicked in or someone in my home it's with thors hammer. My mossberg 590A1.
Just curious why not use the Mossberg even outside? If you're on your property investigating those bumps in the night, doesn't matter to hide your weapon. Or am I missing something?

Mike

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
TGT Supporter
May 14, 2008
The Woodlands, Tx.
Just curious why not use the Mossberg even outside? If you're on your property investigating those bumps in the night, doesn't matter to hide your weapon. Or am I missing something?

Mike

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
Welcome to the Forum!

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
Texas Gun Forum Ad
silencers
third coast
Ranier
Tyrant Designs
DK Firearms

Forum statistics