• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    It's like shortbread flour, butter, sugar & shotgun!

What is that old western that they gave a sawed off shotgun to the young deputy because he couldn’t shoot? Previously owned by someone who couldn’t see well. . . . I can’t remember it.

Wiliamr

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Austin
    Take a ham to the range. SHoot it with a shotgun loaded with # 2 shot at 20 feet. Shoot it with a 5.56 report your results.

Ozzman

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 17, 2015
    El Paso, Texas
    Take a ham to the range. SHoot it with a shotgun loaded with # 2 shot at 20 feet. Shoot it with a 5.56 report your results.
    Already seen the YouTube video's on this, no need to ruin a good ham .
    - #2 Buck at 15 feet completely shreds the bone and flesh with moderate penetration.
    - HP 556 at 15 feet goes right in and right out - UNLESS the bullet strikes a bone. If the bullet hits bone it completely destroys the surrounding flesh.

There is no right answer here, thus take your pick as both are extremely lethal at close range.

Ioannes

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2019
    US
    Can you get #2 Buck anywhere these days?

I have a Tavor bullpup shotgun. Bad day for anyone who kicks in my doors and survives my curs.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Years ago, I heard, IMO one of the most stupid reasons a person said they chose a rifle over a shogun for home defense, was that a shotgun did so much more damage to interior walls of a house, and left a bloody mess to clean up.

Well, if the price of using a shotgun is fixing drywall and whatever, and cleaning up blood and brains, after a violent attack by intruders, and my loved ones are safe and sound, I'll pay that price gladly.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    What is that old western that they gave a sawed off shotgun to the young deputy because he couldn’t shoot? Previously owned by someone who couldn’t see well. . . . I can’t remember it.

Texas42,

JAMES CAAN played "MISSISSIPPI JOHNNY DIAMOND" in EL DORADO, a 1967 JOHN WAYNE western & bought the sawed-off from "The Swede", after "Cole Thornton",(John Wayne) told "Mississippi" that he was hopeless with a revolver.
    According to the movie's script the "sawed off DB" had belonged to a nearly blind & deaf piano player, who got himself hanged for killing the WRONG man in a saloon brawl.
    (As readers have doubtless guessed, I LIKED the movie & have seen it several times over the last 5 decades.)

ADDENDA: I have been several times tempted to have my own "sawed-off" DB made up by a gunsmith, with a gun-belt/holster made by EPS. = Long ago, when I was a city marshal, I had one that had been confiscated long years before (It was made out of a WWI vintage FOX DB.) & "left behind" by a previous marshal.
    (I was able to STOP more than a few UGY brawls in "joints out on the county line" W/O gunfire, by simply allowing the "participants" to see it in the shoulder holster. - MOST people "have an idea" of how lethal that a shotgun/buckshot is at close range & decided to "go quietly" into custody.)
    As I'm about to be licensed as a Type 7 FFL, I suspect that I will make at least a few of them, IF anyone wants a SBS of their own.

yours, satx

Last edited:

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Can you get #2 Buck anywhere these days?

I have a Tavor bullpup shotgun. Bad day for anyone who kicks in my doors and survives my curs.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

loannes,

Just do NOT shoot the dogs by mistake!!!!
    (A friend of mine OCONUS shot/killed his MUCH LOVED German Shorthaired Pointer with a 9mm handgun, when a PREDATOR broke into the house. = The GSP lunged at the housebreaker's throat, just as WO2 Floyd S______________ fired the BHP pistol. - The dog was killed instantly; the criminal lived to go to prison for 15 years.)

yours, satx

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    When I investigate bumps in the night its usually with a handgun, I can hide it easily if I'm outside.

When I investigate what I think is a door being kicked in or someone in my home it's with thors hammer. My mossberg 590A1.

Irish_Texan

Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2020
    Fort Worth, TX
    When I investigate bumps in the night its usually with a handgun, I can hide it easily if I'm outside.

When I investigate what I think is a door being kicked in or someone in my home it's with thors hammer. My mossberg 590A1.
    Just curious why not use the Mossberg even outside? If you're on your property investigating those bumps in the night, doesn't matter to hide your weapon. Or am I missing something?

Mike

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom