• ...and so much more!
  • Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Charlie,

TRY a Parker 10-gauge DB with 16" tubes IF you want to KNOW about MUZZLE-BLAST & RECOIL. = It was about as BRUTAL on the stock end, as it was at the muzzle. Nonetheless, just "SEEING IT" STOPPED a LOT of UGLY brawls W/O bloodshed.
    (That's what the OLD "sawed off" Parker that I was issued by my first LE department was. = ROTFL)

yours, satx
    Not me, I don't need the pain!
    Military Camp

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Having been in the education business most of my life, I learned that the one of the most effective ways of learning is usually one of the quickest and remembered ways, but not necessarily the most efficient or comfortable ways. As in, it doesn't take many times of hitting your thumb with a hammer to figure out how not to do it!

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Not me, I don't need the pain!

Charlie,

The ONLY time that I ever fired the "sawed-off 10" at a living creature was when I had to shoot a MAD DOG "out in the sticks". = About 100# of mixed-breed/slobbering/sickness/evil on 4 feet.
    I was so SCARED of that critter & that he might bite me or someone else (AND/OR that he might bite my horse) that I didn't even remember the blast/kick afterward.
    (He went down GYD & never even kicked once. = I was VASTLY RELIEVED.)

yours, satx

Last edited:

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    Charlie,

A .410 (3") shotshell loaded with five 00 buckshot works well at house defense ranges, too. = Five of those "blue whizzers" will "ruin your whole day".
    (Frankly, I've not seen any of those shells since I returned to CONUS. - They may NOT be sold here??)

yours, satx
    I keep a .410 Mossberg 500 by the back door. The first two rounds are #4 plated birdshot for small varmints followed by three Federal Handgun 000Buck 2 3/4" rounds for bigger varmints. Only time I shot something dangerous with it was a rabid possum that wandered in the yard during a family gathering. One #4 round at 10 yards did the trick. Out of curiosity, I tried the 000Buck on it. The results were impressive....

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    I keep a .410 Mossberg 500 by the back door. The first two rounds are #4 plated birdshot for small varmints followed by three Federal Handgun 000Buck 2 3/4" rounds for bigger varmints. Only time I shot something dangerous with it was a rabid possum that wandered in the yard during a family gathering. One #4 round at 10 yards did the trick. Out of curiosity, I tried the 000Buck on it. The results were impressive....

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

seeker-two,

Have you tried 3-inch shots-hells handloaded with five or six 00 or 000 buckshot??
    The 3" (so-called "magnum .410 shells" loaded with buckshot) made in SERBIA & TAIWAN work impressively on animals (and 2-footed predators) to over 125KG.
    (IF I handloaded shotgun shells, I would load some buckshot rounds for my Winchester Model 42 in case that, when out bird/squirrel/rabbit hunting, that I ran into some dangerous animal that small # 4-8 shot is simply inadequate for.)

yours, satx

Last edited:

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    The thing about birdshot for SD use is it's too lethal to be used as a less lethal option, and not lethal enough to justify its use over buckshot (though the goal of self defense is not lethality, but rather to stop the threat)

It's also hard to tell someone looking for a good HD weapon to go with a shotgun when anything made new is either often cheap gimmicks from turkey, often terrible QC from mossberg or remington, or high cost guns from benelli or beretta

But that 750 (at least used to be 750) dollar ar is us made, is more modular, easier for the end user to take apart, fix, should something break, easier to shoot well with less training, easily accessible knowledge base

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    Aus_Schwaben,

My FIRST "LE firearm" that I was issued as a "red hot 18YO rookie" LEO was a "sawed-off" DB 10 gauge PARKER, that had been surrendered (after a suicide) by the victim's widow.
    (The little 5-man department that I was first sworn into was so poorly funded that ALL that I was issued was a "tin star', the old Parker double, a "county" credit card for gas/oil & a copy of the Penal Code.)

We county officers bought our own weapons/equipment/uniforms (IF we bought any - My "uniform", if you could call it a "uniform", was a khaki work shirt/jeans/boots/ball cap), drove our own vehicles & "learned by doing".
    (My mother had to buy me a pre-WWII .38SPL S&W revolver/gun-belt/cuffs/etc., as I was too young to buy a handgun.)
    I worked for over a YEAR before the county issued me a ONE-CHANNEL Motorola Low-Band FM radio for my car. - Until I got a radio, I "communicated with" the SO with a roll of nickels & a pay-phone.
    (There was NO training school for Deputy Constables in those long-ago days & I was too young to be a Deputy Sheriff, so the Sheriff swore me in as a Deputy Constable, assigned me a "patrol area" in Precinct 4, shook my hand & "wished me well".)

Small town & rural police work is REALLY DIFFERENT than what most LEOs ever do.
    (I spent most of my working hours recovering lost/stolen/strayed livestock & often spent more hours in the saddle than I did in a car.)
    NOTE: After 22 months "on the job", the 4 County Commissioners asked the sheriff to appoint me as the county's Stock Detective, so that I could work countywide. - The Sheriff agreed & "let me out" of PCT.4.
    (The Commissioners also voted me another 10.oo per week in base pay, which in those long-ago day was a "pretty fair" raise for a 20YO. - Primarily, as a result of that raise, being allowed some paid "overtime" & that I spent most of my working hours "out in the sticks", I both needed/was able to afford a USED 4x4 International Harvester SCOUT to replace my old/worn-out 16YO Rambler. sedan)

yours, satx
    You should have seen the "rifle" my dad carried in the car - an M-1 Carbine and ammo both made in '42. $50 rifle, $2 a box of 50 rounds, and 6 30 mags taped together in pairs for "jungle" mags.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    You should have seen the "rifle" my dad carried in the car - an M-1 Carbine and ammo both made in '42. $50 rifle, $2 a box of 50 rounds, and 6 30 mags taped together in pairs for "jungle" mags.

Aus_Schwaben,

In most rural departments (when I was a young LEO) the "patrol rifles" were numerous M1 Garand rifles, lots of lever-action .30-30s & later a considerable number of M14 & M16 rifles.
    (ONE reason for that was that the US government often sold the Garand, M14/M16 rifles for "a pittance" OR allowed departments of order the rifles W/O cost, "on long-term loan". - The PD in my hometown up in Northeast Texas, the last time that I was "home", had a dozen M14 rifles on "long-term loan" & that they had had the rifles "on loan" for over 2 decades.)

Yours, TMN78247

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Cutting down gun barrels- “law enforcement“ silent.

This thread is bananas.

Would you like to see law enforcement start clamping down on firearms modifications that are perfectly legal?

Do you ask to see peoples stamps when someone has an NFA item on the range?

Do you even know what i mean by a stamp, or what NFA means?

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Ask these people what I mean.

View attachment 228681

You all are playing with Fire.
    Like a kid that found his daddies zippo collection.

It’s embarrassing and makes everybody that contributes here, and the rest of the gun community look bad.

“Shall not be infringed” is my motto, but I don’t broadcast tough guy advice for world to see.

Using straw man arguments doesn’t prove anything other than your displaced aggression. Really sad. I almost feel bad for you, but I can’t feel bad for dangerous numbskull keyboard warriors.

If you were the real deal, you all would know what ima sayin, but since this thread is full of crap. You will never understand.

Do you even have a clue what you're talking about?

As for common courtesy, Don't Drink and Post! The other members find it very annoying and you might regret what you posted in the morning!

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Axxe55,

WHO are the people in that photo?? - Do you know??
    (Personally, I have no idea who they might be OR why I should care.)

yours, satx

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas

View attachment 228681

It’s embarrassing and makes everybody that contributes here, and the rest of the gun community look bad.

“Shall not be infringed” is my motto, but I don’t broadcast tough guy advice for world to see.

Using straw man arguments doesn’t prove anything other than your displaced aggression. Really sad. I almost feel bad for you, but I can’t feel bad for dangerous numbskull keyboard warriors.

If you were the real deal, you all would know what ima sayin, but since this thread is full of crap. You will never understand.

Ah yes, us looking good will make the left totally ok with people owning guns

You don't even seem to understand that you are just talking complete nonsense, the post you were talking about was cutting a barrel to 20".

Do you know what the minimum barrel length of a shotgun is? Its 18.5

Don't be such a weak sister

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Stop trying to get this website shut down by giving dangerous advice and stealing valor.

It’s shameful.

Everyone can tell you are trolls. Just admit it.

You all are going to get someone arrested, hurt, or killed.

Is that what you are “aiming” for. Or just pointing and finger blasting?

You might seriously back off and back up a few steps with the troll remarks, especially since you have only been here a little over a week.

What dangerous advice and stealing valor?

If you are going to make such accusations buddy, you had better be backing them up with some proof and facts!

Because right now, you're the one starting to look like the troll.

JoeAmerica

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2020
    Texas
    The fact that you don’t know the Weaver Family story at Ruby Ridge shows your ignorance on subject of modified gun barrels.

I’m right, you are wrong. “Legal” or not, your “expert” online advice isn’t going help anybody.

You are setting people up to get busted, hurt or killed. Or at the very least telling someone to trash their firearm for bs tough guy range talk, all so you can walk away with laughs and good ol’boy story. I’ve met a lot of clowns like you in real life. You talk a big talk, but that’s about it.

Y’all are mad cause I called bullcrap. Deal with it like an adult.

My advice to anybody reading this thread is to steer WAAAAAY clear of these people. It will only end up really bad for you.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm

View attachment 228681

Could you please expand upon what you're referring to and tell us who is in the pic and why its relevant? Weavers possibly but why is it relevant.

No one suggested anything illegal. How will the board be shut down.

All serious and genuine questions.

Or if you're not willing and just intent on throwing hand grenades I suggest a good long autofornication session.

ETA I correctly guessed the weavers but still dont know the relevancy since no one suggest manufacturing and selling illegal shotguns.

I

Top Bottom