• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    You do your's any way that suits you. I'll do mine my way. I merely have explained how I do it that suits our needs. I wasn't asking for your approval or anyone else's for that matter.

This isn't something I have only given a casual thought about, but have thought about and even re-thought over the years. It suits our needs and what we think is best.
    1f9c7.png
    Venture Surplus ad

cygunner

Devil's Den - Gettysburg
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    Cypress, TX
    And, if it wasn't your BIL and the perp was intent on armed robbery or your demise, he would now know where you are and ready himself to his advantage.

How are you in any better position, since your round is unchambered? "Yes, I (you) would have to rack the slide to chamber a round, but IF I (you) resort to racking a round into the chamber, the next sound that intruder will hear, will be the firing pin being dropped", but you'll actually have to wait to see the perp to accomplish that scenario... unless, you rack it very, very quietly ahead of that!

Once again, empty chamber gives up a round and racking the slide takes an extra second to no gain and only loss of advantage. Why would people who ostensibly carry concealed or open chamber loaded, and often with no more than a trigger dongle and a holster for safety, be afraid to keep a shotgun chambered and on safe? I just don't get it... please, kindly explain...
    Explanation: (last) My wife is a lovely person but she is totally un-gunsavvy. jerks the trigger and shoots the ground at the range, etc. I would never leave a gun ready to fire except for a tiny button that could be pushed by any number of ways for her to bumble into with vacuum, broom or sneaker. My extra round is taped to the stock of the 20 ga. (I need to get a stock ammo holder). As I rack in the round from the mag I will put the extra in if I have time and I will shoot the bastard as soon as I see him.

mongoose

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    nm
    Best unloaded shotgun story I ever heard.....my friend Uncle was a prison guard in Tenn. back in the day when could have work crews. He was guarding a group of prisoners while on horse back. A group of prisoners pulled him from his horse and relived him of his model 37. One prisoner leveled the Ithica at the guards head and pulled the trigger. All the prisoner heard was the thunk of the firing pin landing on an empty chamber. My friend Uncle proceeded to pull his sidearm and kneecap the guy.

Reactions: gll

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Why on earth would he shoot him in the knee?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cygunner

Devil's Den - Gettysburg
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    Cypress, TX
    This was back in the 60 s when knee surgery was kind of primitive. He wanted to provide him with a lifetime of misery.
    Assuming he had some regard for the horse the perp was likely on the other side of, the knee was a good target of opportunity sure to do some damage. "Kneecapping" is mentioned in many historical fiction accounts from at least before the war of Northern Aggression.

Reactions: gll

cygunner

Devil's Den - Gettysburg
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    Cypress, TX
    A prisoner is not government property. They are a citizen who has been relieved of their rights by due process of law. Essentially, a ward of the state.

A soldier would be considered government property.
    Obviously never seen or been on a Tennessee chain gang.

cygunner

Devil's Den - Gettysburg
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    Cypress, TX
    Please show some factual proof a prisoner is government property.
    Thought we were discussing events as they occurred in Tennessee in the 60's where I lived by the way. While maybe not black letter as you seem to require but certainly "common law".

mongoose

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    nm
    Thought we were discussing events as they occurred in Tennessee in the 60's where I lived by the way. While maybe not black letter as you seem to require but certainly "common law".
    I think we have a failure to
    communicate. I remember chain gangs in both TX and TENN back in the 60s......prisoners certainly were treated like government property.

mongoose

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    nm
    I am not all knowing by any means, but I know bullshit when I smell it. And it sure reeks of it with some of y'all's posts!

Keep on shoveling though!
    It reeks because you have your head up your ass. Or is that a Bulls ass?Failure to communicate was a vailed reference to Cool Hand Luke and chain gangs.

Top Bottom