is the dust starting to settle??

country_boy

TGT Addict
Feb 7, 2009
Round Rock
I was able to buy 45 acp dies, some 45 acp ammo, 300 rounds of 45 acp brass and bullets, more 223 brass and bullets and 357 magnum brass. I even was able to buy powder for each caliber I own. I also noticed that mcbrides had lots of black rifles, as well as academy, and the line at the saxet gun show was not bad at all.

lonewolf23c

Oct 2, 2008
Idaho
I don't think so. Ammo shelves are still pretty empty in my area. Quite a bit of rifle ammo, but little to no pistol ammo except for the $40+ a box ammo which seems to always be there.

Wish there was an Academy store near me, as they have 9mm ammo on sell there at a very reasonable price.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
May 29, 2017
Austin, TX
I think alot of people have given up. Blood in the water will attract them out again.

We've seen no rise in the ammo situation. In fact, we've been pretty damn slow on the weekends at the gun range as a result.

Posit

Oct 13, 2008
I think things are getting a little better in my area. Local gun shop received a good shipment of primers last week, has had 4 ARs on hand for almost a month, powder selection is better... availability is not good, but appears to be improving.

robocop10mm

Jan 9, 2009
Round Rock
I was at McBrides yesterday. The reloading guy said they sold 37,000 primers in 4 hours last week. These people hoading ammo and components are really pissing off those of us that are just stocking up.

jfrey

Apr 8, 2008
Coastal Texas
I went into a local store last Saturday and asked the owner about primers - he just started laughing. There aren't any to be had locally. The shelves at Academy and Wal-mart are still bare.

country_boy

TGT Addict
Feb 7, 2009
Round Rock
Alan ill have to agree with you, people are giving up. With gas at $2.31 and on the rise hopefully some of those primer hording ones will stop. What I wanna know is how do these people have time off to go to different places? All I want is one box of lrge pistol and one box of small rifle.

TxEMTP69

TGT Addict
TGT Supporter
Feb 17, 2009
Rockport
I went into a local store last Saturday and asked the owner about primers - he just started laughing. There aren't any to be had locally. The shelves at Academy and Wal-mart are still bare.
Did you ever make it to the place in Bishop?

lonewolf23c

Oct 2, 2008
Idaho
Alan ill have to agree with you, people are giving up. With gas at $2.31 and on the rise hopefully some of those primer hording ones will stop. What I wanna know is how do these people have time off to go to different places? All I want is one box of lrge pistol and one box of small rifle.
I'd also like to know where people have the time to go to different stores for ammo, and reloading supplies while they're supposed to be at work too. Heck I don't get to go to any gun stores except for the weekends I'm not at work and well everyone knows how much ammo and equipment you can find on the shelves during the weekend. :(

Top Bottom