• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jeff B

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Flower Mound, TX
    I saw a couple of dozen small pistol primer boxes and a similar amount of shotgun primers @ BPS yesterday, additionally, they were well stocked with 45 ACP, .357, 38 Spl and some oddballs (.25, .41, etc.). No 9mm, a couple of boxes of .40, no .380... Oodles of .223.

One of the guys inthe gun departmetn said that they put their stock out at 8 - 8:30, open at 9 and by 10:30 it's all gone.

I'm pretty much out of .380. A couple of weeks back I ordered 500 rounds of practice from Cabela's and its slipped twice now to a mid June delivery. I guess I should just go ahead and order another 500 to get in line.

Jeff B.

GI-John

Hurry up and wait!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Houston/San Antonio TX
    true

I haven't had a problem getting ammo around San Antonio and the AR market seems to have calmed down. They can be had for under $1000 again pretty much everywhere. It may take awhile for stores to get TOTALLY restocked on ammo, but I think the worst is over.

Yeah I never had a problem getting ammo in San Antonio. However i recently moved away. I miss it. I wish I had stocked while I was there.

lonewolf23c

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2008
    Idaho
    Only had enough cash today to buy 40 rounds of .45colt for $20/box x 2 boxes. Not bad considering its the first time I've been able to find any locally, and the funniest part was I bought it at a local liquor store. Even the clerk said "funny to find ammo at a liquor store isn't it" I told her not only was it funny but they have more ammo on their shelves than the local walmart & cabelas as far as pistol ammo.

lonewolf23c

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2008
    Idaho
    I never knew pawn shops sold ammo, maybe it depends on where you live I guess, course I've only been into 3 pawn shops in the past year so maybe I just don't get around to them often enough.

So is the ammo cheaper at a pawn shop?

tmd11111

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    San Angelo, Tx
    I never knew pawn shops sold ammo, maybe it depends on where you live I guess, course I've only been into 3 pawn shops in the past year so maybe I just don't get around to them often enough.

In my town this is where most of the walmart bulk pack .22lr, 9mm, .357, .44mag, ect. ect. ended up. No it wasn't customers needing money and hocking their ammo. It's the pawn show owners buying it up and reselling at over double the price. When you ask the crusty old fart that runs the sporting goods dept if they have any ammo her will tell you which pawn shop to go to. Gee, I wonder how he knows that.

lonewolf23c

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2008
    Idaho
    Interesting. I kind of figured it was just the local pawn shops going and buying then selling at outrageous prices. Seems to happen a lot.

Top Bottom