Patriot Mobile

Is there a .22 that loads with a side-loading gate?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tcbeavers1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2010
    NW Houston
    I really like the how you reload the Marlin 336 from a gate on the side. It allows you to add a round anytime to "charge" it back up to it's full capacity anytime partway through "emptying" it.

Here's my question:

Is there a .22 rifle (either a lever, semi-auto, or bolt) that has a side loading gate?

Thanks!

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Pretty sure they all load through the gate in the front of the magazine unless they have a detachable box. .22 is probably just too small to make it practical to push it through a side gate. Just not much there to grip, and I think you'd wind up dropping a lot of the ammo you tried to load.

skinman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Klein
    This is an interesting question so I did some digging. All I can find is that the early Marlin Model 1891 was a side loader. Not too many of them made from what I can find out. Apparently it was not a good system for the .22

tcbeavers1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2010
    NW Houston
    Ok, so if that's not an option, is there a .22 that's easy to "top off" without changing mags or pulling out a rod?

There may not be, but I just think that would be so neat, and the closest thing I can thing think of is the Nylon 66. If it had some other reloading system other than that rod in the stock, that would be just perfect.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    As far as I know, it's either single-shot, detachable box or some kind of a tube with removable spring either in the stock like the Nylon or under the barrel like a Marlin 60...

Top Bottom