Hurley's Gold

Is there a new Gun range coming up in Frisco.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pbpvusa

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2015
    Plano, Tx
    I heard last weekend at the training someone mentioned that there were some ads for new range in Frisco. I searched in google and did not find anything. Does anyone know of new gun range coming to Frisco. I know about the Frisco gun club, just looking to see if something else is showing up.
    Lynx Defense

ed308

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    DFW
    I hope he's right cause I'm ready dump my FGC membership for something better that's outside. Their rifle setup is the worse..., dark and only 4 lanes. And sooner than you get setup someone is waiting for your lane.

I think Flower Mound approved a large indoor range like FGC. But Farmers Branch turn one down. But may have them mixed up. I also seem to recall McKinney approved an indoor around Custer and Virginia back in 2013. Custer Rd is the dividing line b/w Frisco and McKinney. Wonder if that the one your heard about?

Last edited:

pbpvusa

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2015
    Plano, Tx
    Not sure, the guy said he heard it on the radio about new gun range coming up in Frisco. I googled it and could not find any info so I pinged in forum to see if any one has any info. If that range is better, I might just let my bullet trap membership lapse and switch to that one.

ed308

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    DFW
    When I looked at the location on a map, it shows the location to the left of the Home Depot and behind the Sonic. The building size is around the same size as the FGC. I'll try and drive by the location to see if any construction is in the works.

ed308

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    DFW
    Drove by the site next to Home Depot. It looks like it will be a new Camp Bow Wow Wow (dog boarding).

ed308

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    DFW
    Man, I agree totally. The Rifle lanes blow. They built the ceiling too low and they reverb from my .338 is like the beginning of Garth Brooks 'The Thunder Rolls'.

My favorite range is Fossil Pointe. Love it but its a drive from Frisco.

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    I haven't heard of any but I'll check with a few others at work later this week. I do know of a fairly recent gun store that opened and they've mentioned possibly having a range. Nothing firm as of 3 weeks ago when I stopped by but their range would be in the very far northeast part of Collin county. A good 30 miles from Frisco.

Top Bottom