• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ConstantinePal

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2021
    Irving
    Howdy y'all I'm not here for a wtb or anything, I'm just wondering if anyone has seen any stores in the DFW or North Texas area carrying swiss 7.5x55. I'd like to actually go to a store to get some. Thanks!
    DK Firearms

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    I havent seen it in stock online or in a store in DFW in atleast 3 years unfortunately

Someone at a gun show probably has some but get ready to grab your ankles with the prices they are asking

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    It's out there but be prepared for nose bleed pricing. Especially the Norma factory stuff. PPU makes it too.
    Mil-Surp in quantity is unobtainium anymore.
    You can make 7.5 Swiss brass from .284 Winchester brass.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Howdy y'all I'm not here for a wtb or anything, I'm just wondering if anyone has seen any stores in the DFW or North Texas area carrying swiss 7.5x55. I'd like to actually go to a store to get some. Thanks!

ConstantinePal,

About 3 months ago, a vendor at the SA Gun Show had NUMEROUS 20-round boxes on his table in both FMJ & JSP.

I've forgotten the brand-name but noted that it was made in SERBIA.
    (I stopped & looked at the ammo, as I was looking for 7.62x45mm.)

NOTE: IF I remember correctly, 7.5 Swiss cases for handloading are fairly easily made from .284 brass
    BUT
    I just got off the phone with my "little brother" who has forgotten more that most people ever learned & he said that PPU is importing 7.5 Swiss.

Ed said: Buy a couple of boxes of factory ammo, keep the cases (PPU uses BOXER primed cases.) & reload them.
    (He also said that while the Swiss straight-pull rifles are VERY accurate, they are NOT really strong & you should NOT exceed the data in the reloading books. He further said that 7.5 Swiss is a GREAT cartridge for GCCB use & that that "long, pencil-like 200 grain boolit" works WELL on DEER-SIZE game at about 2200FPS to well beyond 200 meters. = The LYMAN mold # 311644.)

FYI, the 7.5 Swiss is a "ballistic twin" to the S-A War vintage .30-40 Krag cartridge OR the "old-school" loading of the .303 British service cartridge & is fully suitable for taking the same size big game.
    (Fwiw, when I was stationed in "K-Town" in the early 1970s, I knew a German hunter who had GREAT success hunting with his circa 1950s K-31 Swiss rifle on Red Deer & Moose, using his GCCB.)

yours, satx

Last edited:

Charley

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    San Antonio
    PPU does import 7.5x55. As for forming from 284, nothing to it, just lube it well and run it into the 7.5x55 sizing die. I've made a bunch of it, back when 7.5x55 brass wasn't available. People with 284s hated me for using their brass!

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    The good thing is it shoots light .308 caliber bullets. When I bought my K31, I was smart enough to buy a case of ammo with it. I haven't reloaded for it yet, but you can be sure I've been saving all the brass.

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    I'll check, I know that I have a Swiss adapter for firing 4mm in a 7.5x55 chamber (ammo available in Ft Worth)

Top Bottom