APOD Firearms

Is there something wrong with the Glock 26?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    Been perusing the on-line gun sale websites this A.M.

Sure does seem to be a lot of Glock 26 pistols up for sale.
    Just about all of them in very new condition.

What gives?
    Are they junkers? Unpleasant to fire? Jam-O-Matic's?

Just curious.

I mean the 43 is a lot more comfortable and with base plates you can basically match the 26 capacity.. the width of the 26 makes it feel awkward for me to fire even compared to a 19 or a 17.. I dunno I never got the rah rah about the 26.

You and I need to shoot each other's stuff at the next reunion meet. Assuming it isn't butt ass cold again.

I blame moonpie for the cold. It was cold as shit.. like Panhandle cold.. the wind just made it awful.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013

What gives?

Just curious.
    I’ve had 2
    One was stolen when my truck got broke into
    I bought another one right away
    I love my G26, I use it at the range and for deep IWB carry in my White Hat Holster (similar to Super Tuck)

There is nothing inherantly different about a 26 over a 19, 27, 22 or any other double stack really in terms of how they operate.

Here is a video I did with my G26

Last edited:

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    You and I need to shoot each other's stuff at the next reunion meet. Assuming it isn't butt ass cold again.
    Agreed, although it was good to meet others and the food was good, it was very hard to enjoy shooting when you can't to feel the trigger through the numbness.

cb51

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2017
    Georgetown Tx.
    I had a 26 for two years and it was a fine gun. Accurate , pretty reliable, and I shot it fine. Prolem was I just didn't like it and never bonded with it like my old S&W J frame. And it was impossible to pocket carry. It was square as a brick. Why do all the modern guns have that oversize square slide with the 90 degree corners? Even the Glock 380 isn't as concealable as the Ruger LCP or Kel-Teks. Why can't they make it like the old Colt pocket models?

I did end up gong back to the J frame air weight .38. At 14 ounces it goes in a pocket holster and gives me the ability to slide a hand into the pocket and have the gun right in hand ready to draw f it gets hincky. I never have liked having to have a dedicated belt and holster to carry a gun. With relaxed fit Wrangler jean shorts the J frame fits into the right hand pocket with no problem and no printing. Comes right out with my hand in a second. The Glock 26 was like a brick in the pocket. I fI have to go with a strong side holster I may as well have a 19 instead of the 26. And if I'm carrying a 19, why not Just carry a 17? I've found out the compact semi is kind of useless. As long as I have to have a holster, I may as well carry a large more effective gun. I also found the short fat grip of the 26 not good for me. Felt awkward.

I want either a small pocket size gun I can have on me even in shorts and T-shirt, or a full size gun. The half in betweens don't do it.

But I'm prejudiced to wheel guns and I admit it. The only semi I have ever liked was the 1911 we had in the army. It felt comfortable to me and fit my hand well. I may have to gt another one some day.

Last edited:

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin

What gives?

Just curious.
    People are after the 43 now

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    A 43 WOULD fit a lot nicer in my corset carry holster. Ah well. That would cost dolla dolla bills. I’m too cheap.

PRE-K

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 25, 2015
    Tomball
    CB51 echoes my sentiments... the scandium (or alum.) J-Frames are so dang light and easy to carry, its hard to justify anything else but a full size.

Top Bottom