• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vellcrow

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Pflugerville
    There are more than two choices...

What other choices? When I call NICS they ask "handgun or long gun?"...that's it.

Block 18 has "Type of firearm(s) to be transferred" and the only answers are Handgun and Long Gun (or Both, but that does not enter into this situation).
    Hurley's Gold

Old Man of the Mountain

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    :rolleyes:Nevermind. I thought our resident extremist wrote about Waco.

That said, Weaver had a bench warrant for his arrest. When the Marshal's went to serve the warrant, they were fired upon. That is not legal. In fact, a Marshal was killed. There is you murder.

I guess though, that the LEOs should have just apologized and left the area.

Thanks for bringing that up!

Since you did, I went ahead and looked that up, you are absolutely right, some of the same folks who murdered innocent American Citizens at Ruby Ridge were also present for the additional murders of innocent Texas Citizens at Waco.

I did not know that Mr. Weaver had been given a summons to apper in court for the shotgun that was not illegal to begin with. It turns out that he was given a summons to appear on March 20th, so when he did not show on February 20th (a month before the date he was given in writing by the court) the FBI came out murdering neighbors dogs, drew down on a 10 year old neighbor who they threatened to shoot (after they had just murdered the boy's dog) and murdered an innocent white male just to begin the incident. But it really began a while before that when the BATF attempted to blackmail Mr. Weaver, who refused to cooperate in their investigation of someone else in the area, not Mr. Weaver.

It even gets better than that, Mr. Weaver did not actually know the individual that the BATF was after, don't you just love it?

I did not know that they murdered Mr. Weaver's 14 year old son either.

Mr. Weaver was cleared of the shotgun violation in court once they finally allowed him to have an actual court appearance.

I also did not know that the FBI sniper who murdered Mrs. Weaver, Lon Horiuchi, was also a shooter at Waco.

I also did not know that the FBI actions were officially found to be illegal by the Federal Government's own investigation, or that no actions were taken against FBI Agents whom the Federal Government found to have committed criminal acts.

I also did not know that Mr. Weaver was a Green Beret.

I found a different version of who was shot first, from Mr Weaver's Lawyer, it was apparently the 14 year old boy who was shot by an agent who did not identify himself, and was not dressed in any police or FBI uniform. Murdered the son of an innocent man? Is that what we pay our Tax Dollars for? (I guess that was my confusion, I thought the first dead body, the one that was carried to the shed under cover of night, was the adult friend, but it was his murdered son instead.)

So the son was shot out in the woods while he was hunting by someone, no LEO identified himself, hours later, while no LEO had yet identified themselves so the victims did not even know who had shot their son, and shot at their adult male friend, Mr. Weaver was then shot as well, and still did not know by whom. Who are the criminals in that case?

This was a poor family, living in a wilderness area, in a cheap home, with no TV, radio, or phone, just an electric generator which they could not afford to use very much. Is that what we need to be protected from?

I also did not know that the FBI refused to talk to Mr. Weaver, even though he shouted at them many times attempting to speak with them.

When he was finally allowed to surrender, no LEO came to speak with him, it was a fellow Green Beret, Bo Gritz, who came and saved Mr. Weaver's life, and prevented more murders by the FBI.

I did not know that Mr. Weaver's adult male friend, who was badly wounded, actually survived, and was also found not guilty for shooting the murderer who slaughtered the 14 year old boy in his presence, and he also had no idea or reason to suspect that the murderer was employed by a law enforcement agency.

I also did not know that it was proven in court that FBI Agents committed perjury and presented false evidence, even fake photos, in court. Murder, perjury, falsifying evidence, and no charges?

The Prosecutor also illegally withheld evidence. The Judge ordered the Prosecutor to apologize in open court, and ordered the Federal Government (us Tax Payers) to pay all Defense Attorney Fees due to the extreme miscarriage of Justice. But why no jail time for the actual Criminals who wronged this poor family?

Defense Attorney Gerry Spence said "A jury today has said that you can't kill somebody just because you wear badges, then cover those homicides by prosecuting the innocent".

I have always heard that the facts and events were disgusting, which is why I never made any real effort before to dig into this.

I suspect that this was never about any Law, it was about the fact that the BATF attempted to blackmail a man to help convict a different innocent man, and had this man's life destroyed because he did not cave in to that blackmail.

So all the bloodshed and destruction was over a "typo", gee, I feel so much better about "our" government now.

I wonder what the simple mistake was that murdered so many at Waco?

Old Man of the Mountain

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    There are more than two choices...

But this would be a long gun, which is why it's illegal to simply chop the barrel down. It's just not a shotgun or rifle.

Don't look for "clarity" from laws, especially gun laws. We're not supposed to understand them...

I dislike the gun "laws" quite a bit, but what I really don't like is when agents of the Federal Government begin "interpreting" those "laws".

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    I dislike the gun "laws" quite a bit, but what I really don't like is when agents of the Federal Government begin "interpreting" those "laws".

+1

I don't like when anyone "interprets" the law, from SCOTUS to the average citizen. Either enforce it, or change it, but don't leave it to interpretation.

I would like to think labeling the shotty as a handgun was an error.

Top Bottom