Capitol Armory ad

Is this a legitimate web site, or a fraud. 1000 rounds of 9mm for $165 seems too good to be true.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Embrachu

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Michigan
    I belong to a Facebook group and a member was posting links to a Facebook page for that "gunsammunition.com" company. Looked sketchy, so dug a bit further.

As any well-versed gun afficianado knows, buying firearms (and sometimes ammunition) has a few caveats. First, the website will detail proper legal procedures for online ordering of such items, such as state restrictions, shipments may only be made to FFL's, etc. This information is notably absent from the website. Additionally, there is no contact information, no procedures for handling refunds or returns, etc. It's all very suspicious. And then of course, some here have already mentioned the shady looking payment choices, and that PayPal would not even be an option for purchasing firearms anyhow.

I then viewed the Facebook members own profile, and under his picture it mentions, IIRC, something about being able to supply "all your gun and ammo needs", and the profile appears to be only several months old just like the website, so it's possible he's affiliated somehow. But, this may also just be coincidence, too, so...

Anyway, I registered on this forum with the sole purpose of addressing this question posed by the OP, because I wanted to get the message out that it looks highly suspicious. Will now attach pics from Facebook, for reference. The first two are of the individual promoting the "gunsammunition" site on Facebook, while the third pic is of the 'deal' which prompted my investigating this issue in the first place.

Note: I have contacted the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) to investigate the "gunsammunition" website, only because it does not appear to be legit, and is just a scam site.

Tom

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210122-111810.png
      Screenshot_20210122-111810.png
      403 KB · Views: 73
    • Screenshot_20210122-111818.png
      Screenshot_20210122-111818.png
      335.6 KB · Views: 77
    • Screenshot_20210122-111518.png
      Screenshot_20210122-111518.png
      493.1 KB · Views: 74

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I belong to a Facebook group and a member was posting links to a Facebook page for that "gunsammunition.com" company. Looked sketchy, so dug a bit further.

As any well-versed gun afficianado knows, buying firearms (and sometimes ammunition) has a few caveats. First, the website will detail proper legal procedures for online ordering of such items, such as state restrictions, shipments may only be made to FFL's, etc. This information is notably absent from the website. Additionally, there is no contact information, no procedures for handling refunds or returns, etc. It's all very suspicious. And then of course, some here have already mentioned the shady looking payment choices, and that PayPal would not even be an option for purchasing firearms anyhow.

I then viewed the Facebook members own profile, and under his picture it mentions, IIRC, something about being able to supply "all your gun and ammo needs", and the profile appears to be only several months old just like the website, so it's possible he's affiliated somehow. But, this may also just be coincidence, too, so...

Anyway, I registered on this forum with the sole purpose of addressing this question posed by the OP, because I wanted to get the message out that it looks highly suspicious. Will now attach pics from Facebook, for reference. The first two are of the individual promoting the "gunsammunition" site on Facebook, while the third pic is of the 'deal' which prompted my investigating this issue in the first place.

Note: I have contacted the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) to investigate the "gunsammunition" website, only because it does not appear to be legit, and is just a scam site.

Tom
    Welcome to the Forum!

andre3k

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Houston
    gunsammunitions.com is a total fraud. They have no ammunition, and require a cash transfer up front to an individual. Once you send the cash they disappear. I am a victim, and have reported the scam to federal authorities.
    Two questions.

1. Why would you do a wire transfer to purchase something when no other legit gun related website would require you to do so?

2. What federal authority did you submit a report to?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Sucks man, sorry you got duped. Lots of turds out there out of work.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County

No, this is a pretty standard scam FB profile. The easiest tells:

-The name is two first names, because whoever is running it (likely in Nigeria, Russia or somewhere in the Carribean) is not a native English speaker and just grabbed two names at random. I'm surprised the user pic they stole isn't a busty 20-something woman.

-The aforementioned command of the English language. "WE PROVIDE YOU WITH CUTTING EDGE FIREARM AND AMMUNITION". Don't buy anything from someone who doesn't comprehend how pluralization works.

-Photos of "himself" on the profile show at least two different individuals.

Top Bottom