Is this girl right or wrong...?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Pilgrim, Oct 14, 2013.

1. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Well-Known TGT Supporter

Aug 12, 2012
    Volente
  2. Willy

Willy Well-Known

Aug 28, 2009
    Ellis County
    She shouldn't have given up her ID. With my ID, they could see that I have a CHL and escalate the confrontation. They were trying to get her caught up in her own words.

3. V-Tach

V-Tach Well-Known Forum Sponsor

Sep 30, 2012
    Rockport
    I noticed they cut the initial contact from the footage...it starts with him asking her to pull up and over. Why would they cut the initial contact out?

Just curious...

4. cbigclarke

cbigclarke TGT Addict

Feb 24, 2009
    cypress
    I seen a couple of these. I say good on them for holding there ground. Seeing as how they get off i would think they are in the right

5. txinvestigator

txinvestigator TGT Addict

May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    She is one of those..... The officer tells her she is not free to go and is detained, and she keeps asking the question.

"Look at me, I'm acting stupid on youtube".

6. vmax

vmax TGT Addict

Apr 15, 2013
    I don't think it is stupid to refuse to be illegally searched and detained.

Rights not exercised are rights lost

maybe she could have handled it better, but overall I won't throw stones

7. TxDad

TxDad TGT Addict

Mar 4, 2010
    Central Texas
    She may have been within her rights, but it sounded like she was not wanting to be reasonable.

8. reddog

reddog Member

Jul 19, 2013
    Since she is at a BP check station I would say she is with in 50 miles of a border, which is a constitution free zone. Technically I believe she has no rights,

9. Southpaw

Southpaw SUPER OWNER TGT Supporter

Mar 30, 2009
    Texas
    I didn't think she was Hot!!:green:

10. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Well-Known TGT Supporter

Aug 12, 2012
    Volente
    I agree that she shouldn't have shown her ID. From what I gather she should have asked if they were detaining her under suspicion of a violation or crime and, if so, what that violation was. They walked the sniffers around her car and came up empty so why do they have the right to force her to pull over and submit to a search?

I think she could have handled it better and not continue to parrot the same three lines over and over again...

I'm curious though - when they asked her if she (and her passenger) were U.S. citizens how do they verify that? I don't know too many people that walk around with their naturalization papers or birth certificate to prove their citizenship...