• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • speedracer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    houston
    I have 2 titan 25 caliber that I bought when you could get one for 420 something dollars.I never had a problem with them..A 25 is not a gun you are going to have a gun fight with.Paint a picture a person confronts you that you know you will have to shoot,you don't pull it out and stand there,you pull it out and shoot him in the eye without saying anything.END OF STORY

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    The .25 is an interesting and fun caliber to shoot. It's a shame it is so expensive to purchase.
    Sure, there are better SD choices out there but it has ended many a person over the years.
    I'd buy one in a Colt, Browning, FN, or Beretta in a second. The firearm in the original post - not so much.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Quotes below are from memory so consider them paraphrases. I believe they are accurate in substance if not perfectly so in form.

With two close range, center of mass hits, it didn't stop a small, old lady!

Jeff Cooper once wrote of an incident where a rather large woman stormed into a police station and loudly demanded that the police go arrest her husband. They asked "Why?" and she replied "Because the son of a bitch shot me!", whereupon she pulled open her blouse and showed 4 neat little holes, draining blood. They were caused by 4 .25ACP shots directly into (and stopped by) the sternum.

His conclusion about the .25ACP was "Carry it if it comforts you but never draw it. If you draw it, you might shoot someone. If you shoot someone, they are likely to become very angry with you and do you harm." He went on to say that a wine bottle, swung with a bit of force, was a substantially better self-defense weapon compared to any .25ACP.

I forgot about the match grade accuracy of a .25acp pistol.

I know you meant that to be snarky but the .25ACP is reputedly quite an accurate cartridge. The only problem with it is that most pistols chambered for it are junk. I've never gone to the trouble but I know at least one person who has gotten a .25ACP barrel for a Thompson/Center pistol. There are at least a couple of sources: Chamberings Available T/C Encore, G2, and Contender and Hot New Items. If you get one you wind up with a wonderfully accurate gallery pistol. As a bonus, it's super-cheap to reload; the brass lasts forever, cast bullets use very little lead, and each shot uses barely more than a speck of powder.

There are plenty of reasons to dismiss the .25ACP but a lack of match grade accuracy (out of the right pistol) isn't one of them.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    When we clean the range, we find .25 cal, .32 cal and 9X18 bullets on the range that bounced off the rubber within 5-10 feet of the berm (at 25 yards....)

One of the .25acp pistols I own was used in an unsuccessful suicide for the same reason benenglish describes.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I've had several .25acp pistols including the Browning and Bauer pistols. The US made Bauer was a direct copy of the Browning which could no longer be imported into the US. Both are high quality pistols with interesting designs. The firing pin is actually the ejector. As the extractor pulls the brass back with the slide, the firing pin hits a stop in the back of the pistol which flips the brass out the ejection port. They are blowback design.

If you see a stainless steel Bauer, snag it. It's a very nice pistol. I owned one and saw several others.

I like the little guns but wouldn't trust them for any serious social or target work.

Flash

XinTX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    South of Houston
    Is it worth it? For me, no. I'd have no use for it. Not a CCW. Not a 'target' or plinking gun given the expense of .25 vs .22LR. Now if you want it for a 'wall hanger', that's up to you. But if it's for a wall hanger, you could likely find one that's inoperable for a LOT less.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Looks a lot like the Rigarmi Panzer I bought off a buddy for $20 (not quite the same, though). Probably made by the same people. I think retail value is about $50.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    BTW- I'll add .25 ACP isn't the terrible caliber most people make it out to be. It gets that rep because most people who buy them nowdays do so because they are cheap. Likewise they buy cheap, bullshit ammo to load them with, which of course often gives unsatisfactory results

Good .25 ACP gets 14" penetration in ballistic gel. It's certainly not a wonder-caliber, but it CAN kill. Lots of gun forums have stories from cops who've seen plenty of dudes killed with one round of .25, and lots of stories of dudes who survived.

bones_708

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    Assuming you are asking more about the value than anything else the price isn't way out of line but I don't think you are getting a deal. These guns were imported up to 68 and depending on condition are reliably worth $100-175

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gilly
    Top Bottom