• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ml1209

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    I saw it at a pawn shop yesterday. It's a Dickson Detective .25ACP semi-auto. It's made by Galesi in Italy (I believe it's the Galesi 503 or 504). Anyway it is tiny, and seems to be well-made. The slide slides back and forth on the frame smoothly with no play. 6-round mag has heel mag release. A true pocket/mouse gun.

Would you buy this for $139?

Texas SOT

Whisky

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    I wouldn't want it and therefore wouldn't buy it - different strokes

reddog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2013
    Terlingua
    To me no, the only .25 that I would even think about owning would be a baby Browning and that's just because of what it is.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    No, imho......I understand they need to make a profit, but I doubt they gave more than $50.00 for it..

I have a safe full of .25 acp pistols and never gave more than $50.00 for any of them, except for a Colt. A baby Browning of course would be worth more, but those are the exceptions and not the rule.

If you are interested in collecting .25 acp's, offer them $75.00. jmho...

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    If it functions I would offer $125, just cause it's nice to have a really small gun sometimes. Course I would probably get a .32 for that purpose instead.

Looking at it, and my experience with pawn shops(yours may differ), you could probably get a comparable gun in much better condition for the same price.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    I would look at what they sell for on gunbroker and go from there. If is a gun that fits your needs then make them an offer.

wakal

Just Some Guy
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Zephyr
    If it came through the door of my shop I would offer $40.

I like little .25's...hell, I like most guns...but those off brand, no spare parts, no magazine, low quality junkers are often nothing but trouble.

Alex

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    OK....Lets examine the self defense capabilities of the .25acp pistol and round.

I have a female friend who separated from her husband. I know her real well. In fact, I had breakfast with her at McD's this morning.

One day, the ex-husband called her on the phone and asked if she could stop by to help him as he was ill and confined to a wheelchair. She arrived and he attempted to kill her with a 25 auto. He shot her twice and she still carries a bullet in each breast. Hit twice, she was still able to wrestle with him and get the gun. She is a small woman and was not young when this happened. She is 77 now.

So that's a real life story about the self defense capabilities of the 25 auto. With two close range, center of mass hits, it didn't stop a small, old lady!

Incidentally, the ex-husband was convicted and later died in prison.

Flash

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    I forgot about the match grade accuracy of a .25acp pistol.

Also, he never said it was for target shooting.

mortdooley

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Texas Gulf Coast
    I have a .25acp Galesi that came into my life several years ago and I always ask myself before I buy used what could I sell it for. It's not that I plan to sell I just don't want to pay too much. My opinion of the gun is that mine is a reliable novelty that when .25 ammo was a lot cheaper I could take to the range and not care were the empty brass went.

Pawn shops are very flexible on price, you can get some amazing deals if you are polite and ready to walk out. Two years ago I got a pimped up Colt New Service for less then $300.00. Its a chrome plated, gold hammer and trigger, two inch barrel 45colt that someone got very little from the pawn broker.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom