APOD Firearms

Is this just a Texas thing... about getting fired...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I have tried to explain this to the wife, and she is starting to understand.

When I talk about someone at working getting fired or hear of someone I know of losing their job, they just don't get fired.

They get their ass fired.

I will say something like.. "do you remember old Bob over at ABC Company? Well, I heard today that he got his ass fired"

does this make sense to most of you? Just checking because so many on here are new to Texas and may not have this where they come from, but around here, you don't get fired from work ,,... they actually fire your ass.

I just wanted to get that out there. I feel much better now.

vmax
    DK Firearms

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I've always heard "yeah, they fired his ass for...." or something along those lines.

Figured it was said that way everywhere.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I think the data used to complie the Texas unemployment figures should include a "fired ass" category

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    What sets Texas apart from the rest of the World is that we fire incompetents without a lot of boohoo -- hence, we "fired his lazy ass" 'cause he deserved it.

As for the death penalty, Texas is no slacker either: Some folks just need killing.

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    I wish my boss would fire our warehouse guy's ass. He is the most incompetent lazy sob I've ever met. Something I can do in 3 hours takes him 3 days. He is always tearing shit up. Last month he didn't show up and called collect from jail. Its beyond belief this guy is still employed. I'd have fired his ass months ago.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    What sets Texas apart from the rest of the World is that we fire incompetents without a lot of boohoo -- hence, we "fired his lazy ass" 'cause he deserved it.

As for the death penalty, Texas is no slacker either: Some folks just need killing.

Too bad we can't still "fry their ass".

"Inject their ass" just doesn't sound right......

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Not only can your ass be fired in Texas, it can also be lost, hauled, and covered with alligators.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    Remember, Texas is an 'at will' employment state; generally meaning that employees without a written employment contract can have their asses fired for good cause, bad cause, or no cause at all.

Or, in other words, "absent a statute or an express agreement (such as an employment contract) to the contrary, either party in an employment relationship may modify any of the terms or conditions of employment, or terminate the relationship altogether, for any reason, or no particular reason at all, with or without advance notice."

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    I just let them know at work today I'm taking a raise with no advanced notice. This deal should work both ways.

I'll report back when I get a response.

J/K

Top Bottom