• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • robertl1974

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2008
    houston tx

for some reason some h.p.d. do not chl holders i have two cousin one' a hpd cop and the other is from camron tx he was telling us when he came to houston two cops pulled him over he has a chl permit too the cop were giving him a hard time asking why he needed to carry a gun and what kind of work did he do and what was he doing in houston and our h.p.d cousin told us some of the cops don't like chp holder
    Gun Zone Deals

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    for some reason some h.p.d. do not chl holders i have two cousin one' a hpd cop and the other is from camron tx he was telling us when he came to houston two cops pulled him over he has a chl permit too the cop were giving him a hard time asking why he needed to carry a gun and what kind of work did he do and what was he doing in houston and our h.p.d cousin told us some of the cops don't like chp holder

Odd. I met an officer in Seabrook a couple of years ago who had his panties in a wad over the then-new law saying you could carry without a license in your car. "But won't this let people who shouldn't carry have a gun on them when I do a traffic stop?" Must be a lot of FUD (fear uncertainty and doubt) spread in the Houston area.

Did he tell the cop that it was none of his business, get a badge number and call a supervisor? That would be the way to handle being harassed like that.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas

No offense but it's tough trying to read that. But, you're saying that "h.p.d. do not [like?] chl holders" but you're basing that solely on your cousin saying that "some" officers don't like CHL holders? Some officers are criminals, some officers beat their wives, some officers work both side of the law for extra cash, some officers are the ones we hear Darwin stories about....most officers are good LEO's but none of that matters as does it not matter what a handful of officers like or dislike about law abiding citizens.

Here's my take, the other cousin was stopped for a reason and it wasn't because he holds a CHL. HPD has a hell of a job with the scum bags and freaks they deal with on a daily basis (I also know several HPD as well as some from Harris Co. Sheriff Dept.) so whatever questions were being asked were being asked for a reason. The actual questions and answers might not even be important.

There's always at least 2 sides to every story, and we're hearing a 2rd or 3rd account of what's said to be 1 side of the story.

Did he tell the cop that it was none of his business, get a badge number and call a supervisor? That would be the way to handle being harassed like that.

An LEO asking questions is harassment? Refer back to my comments on questions above.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX

Well, I know far more than one cop, and I have instructed literally hundreds of CHL renewal students. Overwhelmingly LEOs support your right to carry. And CHL holders have reported that their interactions with the police have been positive.

I have heard a few, " but my friend/cousin/neighbor was treaed badly by a cop "cause of his CHL"," but first hand accounts are few and far between.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    No offense intended to any LE, but, cops are like democrats.

You could not be further from the truth. Cops vote republican, are conservative, and support your right to carry. They know your protection is in YOUR hands.

I know cops from locals to federal agents of various organizations. Lots of them. ;)

robertl1974

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2008
    houston tx
    my cousin from camron tx was just comeing in to town to see us he thinks he got pulled over because of his truck it's a late 60's short bed chevy with airbags in it. my other cousin who is a h.p.d cop say that some cop not all do not like chl holder

when i was takeing the chl class the cop that was teaching told us there would be cops that do not like it

i never been pulled over since i had my chl permit

anyway back to the knife :sign0101:on me lol

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    You could not be further from the truth. Cops vote republican, are conservative, and support your right to carry. They know your protection is in YOUR hands.

I know cops from locals to federal agents of various organizations. Lots of them. ;)
    I have only met one or two "cops" that don't like CHL holders. Most "cops" vote and think conservative. I was working a site that involved me working with Texas State Troopers for about six months (That is where my screen name came from) and most of them said that they like to see CH L's, and some of them even have CH L's!

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    my cousin from camron tx was just comeing in to town to see us he thinks he got pulled over because of his truck it's a late 60's short bed chevy with airbags in it. my other cousin who is a h.p.d cop say that some cop not all do not like chl holder

when i was takeing the chl class the cop that was teaching told us there would be cops that do not like it

i never been pulled over since i had my chl permit

anyway back to the knife :sign0101:on me lol

Again, he was pulled over for a reason. The type of vehicle isn't enough, and how would a LEO know it had airbags unless he's a car nut and it caught his attention. Still not a reason to pull someone over. So again, we only know a 2nd hand account of 1 side of a story.

FYI, a CHL is a Concealed Handgun License. It's not a permit to hold a license.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    An LEO asking questions is harassment? Refer back to my comments on questions above.

It's not when the questions pertain to his/her job. It is when they start getting personal and/or political. "Why do you need to carry a gun?" is definitely not within the scope of the officer's duties when dealing with a CHL holder. It's unprofessional as hell.

robertl1974

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2008
    houston tx
    Again, he was pulled over for a reason. The type of vehicle isn't enough, and how would a LEO know it had airbags unless he's a car nut and it caught his attention. Still not a reason to pull someone over. So again, we only know a 2nd hand account of 1 side of a story.

FYI, a CHL is a Concealed Handgun License. It's not a permit to hold a license.

that is the only reason he could think of. if you ask my he got the gang member look shave head long goatee he is not in any gang just that look

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    It's not when the questions pertain to his/her job. It is when they start getting personal and/or political. "Why do you need to carry a gun?" is definitely not within the scope of the officer's duties when dealing with a CHL holder. It's unprofessional as hell.

I think an LEO can ask just about anything, and sometimes do, to observe behavior etc. based on why they are in contact with that individual in the first place. Whether you answer any question is your choice however.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX

Since you do not know the totality of the circumstances you are really not in any position to judge the officers behavior in a traffc stop you have heard third hand and really don't know jack about. Mkay?

whit128

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    Central Texas, Williamson County
    I love this board, it is more entertaining than cable TV. Just a quick note, most of the "switchblade" knives I have recovered were hanging by a clip in the suspects pocket. If your knife is questionable I would carry inside the pocket out of sight.

juwaba98

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    North Zulch, TX
    I love this board, it is more entertaining than cable TV. Just a quick note, most of the "switchblade" knives I have recovered were hanging by a clip in the suspects pocket. If your knife is questionable I would carry inside the pocket out of sight.

Since you can give us the "officer on the ground" perspective, how do you classify the Kershaw depicted? Is it a switchblade or not? I ask since you alluded to the fact that you have confiscated "switchblade" knives and am curious if they are "true" switchblades or if they are like these Kershaws. TIA

whit128

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    Central Texas, Williamson County
    Since you can give us the "officer on the ground" perspective, how do you classify the Kershaw depicted? Is it a switchblade or not? I ask since you alluded to the fact that you have confiscated "switchblade" knives and am curious if they are "true" switchblades or if they are like these Kershaws. TIA

I have never charged anyone that had an "assisted" knife but it is going to be up to the officer, agency and prosecutor. These are a couple I keep in my desk to show the kids on parents day.

Top Bottom