• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    Cool lookin' but not $50 worth of cool......I used to ride a Harley, also dipped Copenhagen, tailgaters backed off in a hurry ! They get too close on the side and hitting the kill switch would make her backfire, sounded like a 20MM....they would move away.

I am older and drive a big Cummins Dodge, I just pull over and let 'em by, saves a lot of hassle.
    Target Sports

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    well, whats good for the goose is good for the gander right? well ya see here '1rightguy', sounds awful arrogant doesnt it??? lol, i really could care less about what you think i should spend my money on, sounds like we need a law that protects people with big mouths from opening it when it would better serve them to keep em SHUT.

http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/announcements-comments/64-forum-rules-code-conduct.html

Grow up. It was humor. I"m sure he's not the only one thinking something along those lines.

It's possible he misunderstood if he didn't read through your post enough times to make sure he understood. Some of y'all think it's OK to type however you want, but you forget people have to read it, and it leaves an impression of you when it's poorly written, missing punctuation etc. You're intended message gets altered by how you type it and you wonder why.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    Penal Code section 46.08
    (a) A person commits an offense if the person knowingly manufactures, sells, purchases, transports, or posseses a hoax bomb with intent to use the hoax bomb to:
    (1) make another believe that the hoax bomb is an explosive or incendiary device, or
    (2) cause alarm or reaction of any type by an official public safety agency or volunteer agency organized to deal with emergencies.
    (b) An offense under this section is a Class A misdemeanor.

Obviously intent is a major part of this statute. It "should" be difficult to prove intent in this kind of case, but in some jurisdictions that does not matter. It is entirely likely an officer would not appreciate the joke, a prosecutor would take the case and a judge/jury would agree that displaying such an item is so reckless that you should spend one year in the County pokey and pay the $1000 fine.

Funny item, but ill advised in the post 9-11 era.

While I think it ranks up there with the fake "big balls" boys hang on their cars and trucks, it seems like it would be really hard to believe someone would have any intent to cause alarm seeing what it is, what it looks like and what it says on it. Even the most goofy of the goofy drivers should be able to see how it's mounted and that someone probably wouldn't have a bomb on their own car. Or they just won't know what it is. If I'd seen it and didn't see this thread, I'm not sure I'd know what it was or pay any attention to it.

But I'm sure if someone wanted to, they could get you hassled over it.

It's still stupid.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Legal or not, if some silly soccer mom gets on her cell phone and calls 911 to report some guy driving around with a bomb on his vehicle you are going to get to spend some quality time on the side of the road with Barney.

The silly soccer mom that's likely to call the police over something dumb like this is also the kind of person who's never heard of a claymore or has the faintest idea what one looks like.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Too bad it isnt real, that would keep all these idiot tailgaters back where they belong. I always brake when they get close anyway.

I used to do that but your odds of being rear ended by someone uninsured are too great.

Now I make sure my wiper fluid is always topped off, and the hoses are aimed a little high. At 35 or higher some of it will go right over the roof and into the tailgaters winshield, and if the windows are open, into their car.

jdh

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    The silly soccer mom that's likely to call the police over something dumb like this is also the kind of person who's never heard of a claymore or has the faintest idea what one looks like.

There are soccer moms on every military base I have ever lived on.
    Soccer moms take their kids to Armed Forces day demos (because grandpa was in WWII).
    Soccer moms watch network news scare programs on the mexican drug war and see them displayed on the captured arms table.
    Soccer moms are not as clueless and ignorant as you believe.

Jemplayer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    There are soccer moms on every military base I have ever lived on.
    Soccer moms take their kids to Armed Forces day demos (because grandpa was in WWII).
    Soccer moms watch network news scare programs on the mexican drug war and see them displayed on the captured arms table.
    Soccer moms are not as clueless and ignorant as you believe.

No they're worse because they THINK they know something.

Top Bottom