• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Yes, it's registration. They expanded the handgun registration database to cover long guns.

In other words, all guns in CA will be registered if they're transferred (private transactions don't exist there) after the 1st of the year.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Yes, it's registration. They expanded the handgun registration database to cover long guns.

In other words, all guns in CA will be registered if they're transferred (private transactions don't exist there) after the 1st of the year.

Unreal. So there is no "forced" registration yet, yet people aren't expected to sell guns between each other? Riggggght.

So crime in LA should drop dramatically I suppose...

I bet there is a huge sales boom right now, but I just don't see how the next step won't be "all guns" to be registered. I know some people say, look they registered guns in Canada and no one came door to door confiscating them, I could definitely see California chip away until all people can have are single shot hunting guns, NYC style pistols with 5 shots or less and that's about it.

mosin

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    Laredo
    but you're cool with reelecting the guy who shelved pretty much every meaningful piece of pro-gun legislation in texas?

If you aren't moving forward you're losing when it comes to fighting these people. They don't care if they piece meal it over decades.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Unreal. So there is no "forced" registration yet, yet people aren't expected to sell guns between each other? Riggggght.

So crime in LA should drop dramatically I suppose...

I bet there is a huge sales boom right now, but I just don't see how the next step won't be "all guns" to be registered. I know some people say, look they registered guns in Canada and no one came door to door confiscating them, I could definitely see California chip away until all people can have are single shot hunting guns, NYC style pistols with 5 shots or less and that's about it.

Oh, it's forced. There's no such thing as a private sale in California, and hasn't been for a looooong time. Unless it's a long gun that's over 50 years old, all sales have to go through an FFL, complete with 10 day (measured as 240 hours) waiting period where the FFL has to keep the gun in his safe for that wait (and the FFL is only allowed to charge $25 by law), FFL does a background check and all the paperwork and liability for him that all involves.

That's why guns listed for sale by private parties in CA are generally quite a bit more expensive than they are in states like Texas. It's such a royal pain in the ass to buy and sell, a lot of buyers just say screw it and buy brand new, and sellers want extra money for the hassle of showing up for a FTF at an FFL. And no, that cooling effect isn't an accident.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    but you're cool with reelecting the guy who shelved pretty much every meaningful piece of pro-gun legislation in texas?

If you aren't moving forward you're losing when it comes to fighting these people. They don't care if they piece meal it over decades.

True that. Progressives have used long term strategy for a long time now. They might seem impatient, but they're not really. Every tiny little "compromise" they can get out of us is a win for them and puts them much closer to their goal. That's why they were so supportive of the relatively weak Manchin-Toomey bill, and why they were so frothing-at-the-mouth furious when we gave them the finger and rejected it.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis

I'm cool with him? No, I'm discussing it.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom