• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sjones

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    carrollton,texas
    I'm loading 9mm,berrys 124 gr round nose and 3 different books say 6.0 grains,but it almost fills the case completely.It looks like if I seat a bullet it will compress the powder to some extent,what gives? thanks sj.
    I have been using 231 and it didn't do this.

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    Unique is a fairly voluminous powder. So, yes it will fill cases a bit more than some other powders. Since it is a flake powder, it will easily compress under a bullet. Remember to never start at the top of the load range, so if 6 grains is max, I would start out at least 10% less. 5.4gr may be a good starting point. I use mostly titegroup when reloading the same bullet for the 9mm. It hardly fills the case and is much easier to overcharge with powder. That's one of the good things about a high volume powder, they make it impossible to double charge a case and still put it an bullet. Don't worry too much about how much the unique fills up the case, greater load densities usually make more consistent ammo. Good luck w/em' - Texmex

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    6.0 grains of unique for a 9mm is alot. I use 4.6 grains, and it is still fairly hot. some .45 ACP loads call for 6.0 grains of unique.

Top Bottom