• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jiannichan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    Little Elm/Frisco
    I just got back from the W. M. at Hwy 121 and Ohio Dr. in Plano. I stopped in to see what their ammo supply looked like. They were completely out of 9mm. The very disinterested clerk said they can't get it from their supplier and didn't know when they would. I felt kinda guilty for interupting him while he was stacking some boxes. :( :banghead:

I go to the same one every time I am over at my brothers apt. The last time I was there maybe 2 weeks ago, I picked up 2 of the WWB 100rnd boxes and it was all they had left in 9mm. The Wally World near my place on 423/El Dorado in Little Elm still had countless 50/100 boxes of 9mm in WWB or Blazer Brass. I just shot 200 rounds yesterday at the Bullet Trap. I need to go pick up some more.
    Military Camp

bikerbill

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2008
    Lago Vista
    My local walmart also was pretty low on ammo; the clerk said they have been selling a lot more lately than in the past and are having a hard time restocking ... I pass it every few days and always check; their prices are usually the best in the area on 9mm and .45 ... on my last visit, they had NO .38 ...

jiannichan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    Little Elm/Frisco
    If my local Wal Mart runs out and doesn't restock, no way am I going to drive 30 minutes to pick up from one that has them in stock. I might have to start reloading them. I don't know how much I will save reloading 9mm though. I haven't researched the prices.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    If my local Wal Mart runs out and doesn't restock, no way am I going to drive 30 minutes to pick up from one that has them in stock. I might have to start reloading them. I don't know how much I will save reloading 9mm though. I haven't researched the prices.

Or order online. I use ammunitiontogo.com and have been really happy. Their in Brenham so their delivered next day via UPS. Once you ad shipping on top of tax, some ammo may not be a real savings, or maybe more expensive, but I've primarily been buying Golden Sabre's which they still have for dirt cheap. Like any place, you need to shop their prices, but they're usually very competitive.

brickboy240

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Houston, TX, USA
    Most Wal Marts on the east side of Houston all have ammo for sale and are not doing away with ammo sales at all. Their selections vary and they don't have many less popular calibers, but for most fmj plinking pistol ammo...every eastside Houston Wal Mart I go in, has ammo.

- brickboy240

DrBart2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2008
    Burleson
    The Wal-Mart here in Burleson has been out of just about all ammo for the past two weeks. I checked this morning and they had restocked. I purchased some .45 ammo.

Nodena Ranger

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Downtown Nodena-NE Texas
    Our local 'Super Dooper' Wal Mart in Mt. Pleasant is also very low on most all ammo. My contact lady on staff at the ammo dump within the store told me yesterday that even their warehouse(not sure where that is)is also backordered. If I'm forced to go there to get something I always stop by and buy some .45's. She said they had been out for a few days. I told her that I thought there was some way back on the shelve and she got down on the floor and...low and behold, there was two 100 round boxes. I bought them for 31.97/hundred. Then they were out............

TxPhantom

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Frisco, Texas
    I go to the same one every time I am over at my brothers apt. The last time I was there maybe 2 weeks ago, I picked up 2 of the WWB 100rnd boxes and it was all they had left in 9mm. The Wally World near my place on 423/El Dorado in Little Elm still had countless 50/100 boxes of 9mm in WWB or Blazer Brass. I just shot 200 rounds yesterday at the Bullet Trap. I need to go pick up some more.

I was at the Little Elm store today and picked up another 200 rounds of WWB. Clerk said they just came in. They had six boxes of 9mm and one of 40 caliber. I'll be at The Bullet Trap tomorrow at 3:00 along with my better half and several others, including two newbies. Small world, Huh?

etex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    My Wal-mart is selling 9mm ammo just about as fast as they get it in. At $10.47 a box for Remmington it is the lowest price I can find. $2.00 a box cheaper than the Academy across the street which also is having trouble keeping any on the shelves.I try to pick up a few boxes each time I go. One time they have it the next tme they don't. This is a matter of people stockpiling it in anticipation of the new far left oppressive agenda of our government in my opinion.

onac255

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    El Paso, TX
    I can't find any 9mm at the walmart near my house. But I did manage to snag 4 50 rnd. boxes of 9mm Blazer ammo at academy for 10.74 a box.

Top Bottom