• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Charley

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    San Antonio
    Carry guns are always loaded, HD guns are loaded and on out of sight on shelveds high enough that kids would have a tough time reaching. No kids at home, and no grandkids.

Back when our kids were small, HD guns were in between loaded and unloaded... DA revolver with a speedloader in the cylinder, M1911 with empty chamber and mag not fully inserted, double 12 bore broken but shells in chamber. Takes at least one or two deliberate acts to make them hot. For an adult familar with the gun, maybe 1/2 to 1 second. Much slower for a child without coordination and strength. By the time they have them, likely they would be mature enough to handle the guns.
    Lynx Defense

popgun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2009
    austin
    I have loaded guns scattered about the house and outbuildings. If I wanted a club, I would have baseball bats in their places. Never keep all your eggs in one basket. A patriot must be prepared to defend his country from his government.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    At night the M&P 9mm is on a shelf in closet 10 feet from bed. Mag is very close but not visible. Its carried with me or in a safe during the day. We have kids, so I need to make sure that I am fully awake and aware before using the weapon, as the kids like to wake us up in the middle of the night by staring at us 6 inches from our faces and stage-whisper to us until we jump :-) Hopefully the yappy dog and alarm system will provide enough warning should some loser select our home.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    At night the M&P 9mm is on a shelf in closet 10 feet from bed. Mag is very close but not visible. Its carried with me or in a safe during the day. We have kids, so I need to make sure that I am fully awake and aware before using the weapon, as the kids like to wake us up in the middle of the night by staring at us 6 inches from our faces and stage-whisper to us until we jump :-) Hopefully the yappy dog and alarm system will provide enough warning should some loser select our home.

lol

My parents have a havanese dog that is gentically malfuncitioning. She is nearly blind. That and she acts like a cat. Doesn't let you pet her . . . or get within five feet of her. She will bark at anyone. Be friend or foe.

Buckles

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Cypress, TX
    my 870 is between the bed and the nightstand. Its always loaded, but not chambered. Ive also got another rifle in the corner, and a pistol on the shelf in the closet. I live in a town home and my room is upstairs so i keep my bedroom door locked during the night. just me and my roommate here so no kids to worry about.

Top Bottom