• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    After Al Qaeda, ISIS almost immediately popped on to the scene. Who will emerge as the next new global terrorist power? It won't be long, wait and see.
    Texas SOT

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    Al Qaeda didn't go away at first. ISIS started out as a cell within Al Qaeda, but they were doing things so fucked up that even Al Qaeda denounced them (which is pretty crazy and why I remember this). Once Al Qaeda denounced them, that's when they REALLY took off. I don't know if Al Qaeda ever really dropped off the map, but I know ISIS quickly took the spotlight from them. I remember for a little while there, we were kind of sitting back on occasion and letting Al Qaeda and ISIS take each other out. I've wondered what ever ultimately happened to Al Qaeda.

Dredens

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2014
    Sealy
    Al Qaeda didn't go away at first. ISIS started out as a cell within Al Qaeda, but they were doing things so fucked up that even Al Qaeda denounced them (which is pretty crazy and why I remember this). Once Al Qaeda denounced them, that's when they REALLY took off. I don't know if Al Qaeda ever really dropped off the map, but I know ISIS quickly took the spotlight from them. I remember for a little while there, we were kind of sitting back on occasion and letting Al Qaeda and ISIS take each other out. I've wondered what ever ultimately happened to Al Qaeda.

The "founder" of ISIS required all members to make personal pledges of loyalty to him outside the Al-Qaeda leadership, then demanded the Al-Qaeda leadership do so. That's one of the primary reasons for their eventual expulsion from the administrative structure of Al-Qaeda. In addition to the even more radicalized stuff they were trying to pull of course.

Dredens

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2014
    Sealy
    As I understand it, their command-and-control network has basically been obliterated. That's not to say all the leadership has necessarily been destroyed, just their ability to coordinate and control has been brought to nil. They've been pushed back to having basically no real territory left. The problem is that you could kill every ISIS member with a magic bomb right now and all it would take is for someone else to declare allegiance to their "brand" for it to come back, so it's hard to say. It's also difficult to track in real time everything really happening there because of the sheer amount of factions and forces (often with individual units switching sides depending on the day), and with lines being pushed back and forth. It's been a cluster there for a long time, and that doesn't show any real signs of changing soon.

Top Bottom